Advice please - anti tnf with tummy bug?

Options
kellis
kellis Bots Posts: 69
edited 4. Jun 2013, 17:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening, I'm after a bit of advice please.

My nurse is due here tomorrow morning to give me my fortnightly dose of Cimzia - 3rd one.
I've had a bit of an upset tummy all day today and felt a bit wishy-washy, not really eaten much but no sickness, although a few too many trips to the loo :oops: !
Should I put off my injection for a couple of days until I feel better?
I know you shouldn't do it with a fever, but I'm not sure about a tummy bug?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, poor you, what a dilemma. I think it's best for you to talk this over with the nurse tomorrow - it could be a bug but could it also be a reaction to the drug? I don't meth etc when I have a sore throat and I suspect I wouldn't if I had a tummy bug but that would be my choice. Talk to the nurse and I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I'm not sure either but I agree with DD that the nurse is the best person to advise you. I hope you feel better soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kellis
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. It's too late to contact her now so I'll chat with her in the morning if I'm still feeling like this. I'm not sure she'll know what is best either though as she's just the district drug administrator rather than knowing anything about what I'm actually taking!
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi only just caught this post
    I thought you couldn't take it when feeling unwell
    As I'm a bit late how are you feeling and how did you get on?
    Maria
  • kellis
    Options
    I wasn't feeling quite so bad on Saturday morning so decided to go ahead and have the injection as usual.
    I've had no ill effects from it, if anything I felt better after this latest injection than I did after the previous two.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I'm glad you've had no ill effects, kellis. I hope the cimzia continues to help. Thanks for updating us.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright