Having a really bad day part 2

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 23. Jun 2013, 07:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi
would just like to thank everyone for their kind words, support and comfort given to me yesterday
You all know who you are
I'm home alone Hubby and Son are at the open day at Leeds uni and my Daughter is there too working as support staff showing folks around
I am resting my foot is less swollen but my wound is feeling sore and quite tight I'm still doing my exercises and massaging the wounds as my Consultant showed me, he did say sometimes as the wound heals it can contract the skin and send the toes upwards! Ouch! He did say he did not think it would happen to me as my toes seem pretty straight I told him I constantly wiggle them
As I was on my feet all of Thursday well for 6hours I'm hoping I haven't done any damage I don't think I have as I would have had more pain
So at the min I'm sat watching sky with my foot up and ignoring the washing up and untidy sitting room which is driving my crazy have a little bit of OCD
Going for a bath later will keep my foot out as much as possible but it does need a little dunk in the bath
Thank you all again
Maria

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Maria
    Im sorry I missed part one...but glad you are now resting that foot...it took me a couple of years to let go of the housework... :o it was so hard at first..OH does help but you might know men and there cleaning.. or is it just mine.....I hope the swelling carry's on going down...and you make the most of the peace and quiet...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    You're doing right to rest Maria, it sounds as though you need it! As for the untidy sitting room, just close your eyes to it. 8)
    Enjoy your soak, relax and take care of you. :D
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • maria09
    I gave in! :roll:
    I washed up and tidied the sitting room
    I could not go for a bath knowing when I got back downstairs it would still need doing :lol:
    Heading to the bath now time to relax
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    I hope you enjoyed the bath, Maria. You certainly deserved it. But I also hope you learn to relax and let your standards slip a little. Sometimes it's necessary. Just sit in another room :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • gilly1957
    gilly1957 Member Posts: 212
    Hope you enjoyed your bath and found it relaxing, and that you are still resting your foot.

I totally understand about the housework, however ill I am or how much pain i'm in I stiill have to make sure everywhere is clean and tidy.....stupid I know
    :roll: :roll:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    How's things today, Maria? A bit better, I hope?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    Hi SW
    Yes today is better no swelling wound healing nicely
    Thank you
    Maria