hi, everyone

Options
neebir
neebir Member Posts: 2
edited 24. Jun 2013, 05:49 in Say Hello Archive
my name is john and I am completely new to this in fact this is the first forum I have ever been on. just been told two weeks ago that I have arthritis. I have a few questions I would like to ask but for now I just thought I would introduce myself and find my way around the site. I find it heart warming that there is people like myself out there willing to help and give advice about this illness. I will be asking some questions at a later date but for now I just want to read some of the posts and get used to the forum. kind regards john

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello John. It's good to meet you but, as we say on here, I'm sorry you had to find us. I hope you'll find us a useful and helpful source of information.

You don't say what sort of arthritis you have. Mine is RA but I also have OA.

I think, for quite a few of us, this is our first and only forum. You'll soon get used to it. We are a friendly and supportive bunch though things tend to be a bit quiet at weekends.

Join in anywhere you like. Living With Arthritis is where we discuss the disease, meds etc. Chit Chat is for all non-arthritis stuff and the others are self-explanatory. I'll look forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jacqmun
    jacqmun Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi John and welcome!!
    Jacqui
    When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi John

I hope you will feel at home pretty quickly on here. I am certain it will give you the support it has given me over the years.

Please just join in wherever you feel like - you will be most welcomed by everyone

love

Toni xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help. This was my first (and so far, only) forum and I have found it a boon. I have had arthritis since 1997, I have psoriatic (an auto-immune type) and the joint damage from that has led to osteo in a number of useful joints. :wink:

Arthritis of any sort is a challenge but you seem to be approaching it with a cool and level head. Ask any questions you like and we will do our best to answer. I hope you enjoy looking around and feel free to jump in on any thread - new thoughts and voices are always welcome. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello John it nice to meet you, only sorry you had to look for us in the first place..this was my first forum over 3 years ago now, and it has been brilliant for information and support.
    Any questions you have post the in LWA..and there is chitchat for some light relief
    I do hope to see yoy posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara