HOSPITAL APPT THIS AFTERNOON

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 18. Jul 2013, 05:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've got a clinical psychologist appt. this afternoon. This will be the 6th one.
She says I'm depressed {not severely}but depressed nevertheless.
Not sure how much good the appts are doing
Goal setting, pacing myself, relaxation, exercise etc
All the things I know {from being an arthritis care volunteer} but don't necessarily practice :shock:
My main problem is lack of sleep since my first THR and 6 weeks on my back....3 and a half yrs ago. I sleep, then waken for a short time, and on and on all night. Waken up and feel as if I've never been to bed....
I think its that that makes me lethargic and "can't be bothered" attitude
plus pain...its all a vicious circle.
Sorry for the moan
Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    'Moan' away, Hileena. Not that I'd classify that as one - more of a musing on paper and surely that's a good thing to do before your appt to get things clear in your own mind. I hope it goes well. Please let us know.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I was sent for 2 psychologist assessments as one of my old consultants said my Arthritis was 'all in my head!!' and it was making me depressed. So just to prove him wrong I went to the appointment (he made me go twice around 6 months apart) and the Psychologist's assessment was a.) I wasn't making up my Arthritis as a condition in my head & b.) I defiantly wasn't depressed far from it I was a happy young lady. I found my copy of my 1st assessment and so was able to write what was said on my report!!

Hope it goes well, they are very nice about it all, let us know how you get on.
  • hileena111
    Hi
    Thanks for the replies
    This will be my 6th appt. usually 2 weeks apart although the last one was a month ago....due to my hols and her hols.
    She wanted me to fill in a form the last time {about depression or mood} I filled one in the first appointment.....but the previous week I had a car accident, was minus a car, stuck in the house etc so we didn't think it would be a true report.
    She probably will want one done today.
    I'll be away in about 15mins
    Love
    Hileena
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Hileena
    I hope it all goes well. take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hope All Goes Well Hileena

I,m in your pocket .

karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Sometimes it is very hard to do what we know we should to help ourselves simply because the effort required is too much. I know about the waking, sleeping, waking, and it does have a knock-on effect on how we deal with the following day. Our minds, thoughts and attitudes do affect how we cope, it's easy to 'talk' onself into negativity but far harder to do the opposite.

Good luck with the appointment, I hope that you are able to glean something from it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • 19smp59
    19smp59 Member Posts: 105
    Oh gosh, the waking, sleeping, waking, I know it too well! Then having to do a full day's work. I actually fell asleep in a meeting I was taking Minutes in a few weeks ago! Have to admit that since being on Amitriptyline my sleep has been a bit improved though.
  • hileena111
    Hi All
    Well I'm back from the appointment...got to admit I feel better than I did 6 appointments ago but still not right!!!
    This was the last appointment.
    She says if I want to come back....ask the doc in the pain clinic to refer me and it will be fine or if I'm not seeing him ring his secretary and say that she said it would be OK to be referred to her again.
    Sleeping is still a problem
    The pain clinic have sent a letter to the GP prescribing pregabalin to be taken at night.....{I take 2 other anti convulsant tablets.} and to be increased in very small doses.
    Pain clinic have also written to the consultant that did my other THR to suggest that he might think about doing the left one {eventually!!!!}
    Also got facet joint injections to come....30th of this month.....Never did poor Barbara any good and the other ones I've had...nerve root injections haven't worked .....Oh well....hey ho.....the joys of having arthritis and associated problems :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hi Hileena,

I'm really glad that things are beginning to improve for you, it sounds like a positive appointment too. I hope that things continue to improve. Take care,

Deb xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Hello Hileena. Glad your appointment went ok and you are feeling a little better. I've got an appointment at Pain Clinic on 8th August and thinke he is likelt to suggest injections. Don't mind injections anywhere else but am very worried about having them in my back. Do hope yours will help.

Take care. Beryl
  • dreamdaisy
    I am glad to read that you are feeling a little more positive about things - maybe it would be a good idea to continue with these sessions if you have the chance? Sometimes it's good to talk to someone who is not involved with us in the same way as friends and relatives because they are able to take a more detached view about matters. I have been thinking of you today, thank you for getting back to us. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It's good that you can return if necessary. I know nothing about pregab. I know a lot about THRs, though :D and, if you're offered one, I'd go for it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Thanks for the support people

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    You sound a lot more cheery than you did this morning.(((()))) Mig
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    I'm sorry I missed your post yesterday
    I'm glad appointment went ok
    And you are feeling more positive
    Maria
  • hileena111
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm more cheery but am absolutely drained with this heat.
    I've just finished a 5 hour voluntary stint for AC in a hospital.
    Peer support.....I'm shattered and am supposed to be going to another meeting tonight but don't think I will make it. That's is the heat nothing else.
    I've got another meeting tomorrow morning 10am until about 1pm so I think that will be enough.
    As for the THR ....well..... had one it didn't do much good but I suppose it might have been because of my back getting worse.
    Like Barbara....consultants tend to say its referred pain from my hip to my back and another one says its referred pain from my back to my hip :roll: If he eventually gets round to doing the THR I suppose I will have it.....supposed to have been done 4 months after the first {about 3 yrs ago :roll: }
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    The heat is very tiring and wearing, I doff my cap to you for doing such sterling work whilst I've been sat slumped on the sofa, sipping water. Please take things a little easier while this lasts, it's taking a lot out of very many people. Look after yourself, please. DD
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    I've cancelled my meeting tonight.
    I'll go to the one tomorrow morning and Friday is FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody will dare ask me to do anything on Friday :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Hileena

Sorry this is late but my laptop was away getting de-bugged, yes, clinical psychologists I must admit mine is really nice. I am glad to see your last post is a bit more positive and glad to see you are slowing down a wee bit it sounds as if you have been doing too much, look after yourself missus and take care.....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi Marie
    Yes I read about your computer on another thread
    I know I know.....if frogmorton was here I would be getting pm's about pacing myself :wink:
    She knows a lot of my voluntary work is to do with talking to people with arthritis especially newly diagnosed ones and one of things as we all know :roll: is pace pace pace and goal setting as well.....but its a matter of do as I say not as I do :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Hileena, Sorry wasn't round yesterday heat related migraine!! Glad your appt went very well, a lot of positives came out of with new meds suggested and the possible left THR being done. Although your knackered you must feel pleased with it over all. Your right about 'the joys with living with Arthritis and associated problems'!!!