New hips

jan50ish
jan50ish Member Posts: 47
edited 26. Jul 2013, 05:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, it has been some time since I posted on here but I do follow the topics and found them quite helpful. I am not sure if anyone remembers but some time ago I asked if any-one has got metal on metal hips and whether they had problems with them. I had metal on metal on metal hips in 2007 but over the past year or so they both had signs of failing. There has been a bit about this in the press as I am not the only one this has happened to. I have now had both hips revised, one about 3months ago and the other 4 weeks ago. My recovery has gone according to plan. I just wanted to say that if there are others out there that this has happened to I wish them a speedy recovery.

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    I've seen the press too. I'm glad you'r doing well with your recovery and hope you continue to. I hope the heat isn't effecting you too much!
    Take care and don't do too much!
    Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I think Ryedaledigger is is a similar boat to you, his revision op is coming up in the very near future so I hope he looks in and spots your post. Good luck with your recovery, I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Jan I am so pleased for you, I have just had my first hip replaced but its metal on ceramic...Its kind of you to post this has I am sure there are others out there that are worried.
    I do wish you well with the future xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jan50ish
    jan50ish Member Posts: 47
    Hello Barbara, hopefully your recovery is going to plan and as each day passes you are able to do more and feel less pain.....both op. pain and arthritis pain. My left hip is feeling pretty good, l stop the clot prevention meds today and what joy, l will be able to throw the stockings away next Friday!!!! :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Jan I cant wait to stop these injections...I have another 10 or 12 to go then the stockings....can I ask was the revision easy for them to do...and you carry on improving xx
    Love
    Barbara