3 Month update

wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 26. Jul 2013, 05:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been for a check up today again on my knee revision surgery he isn't too happy with the bend of only 70% he wasn't surprised though he said it was such a mess it's going to take longer to recover. He has suggested that because there was such a lot of adhesions in the joint he could do a manipulation to break them and perhaps make the bend better. I have asked him if I can wait 3 months my grandaughter is getting married in Oct and I am the Cake maker I don't want to jeopordise that. It could go easier as well will make a decision in Oct

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Adhesions are tricky beggars, aren't they? I guess that being the cake makes means a good deal of standing, stirring, lifting, checking, icing then the dog eats it and you have to start all over again. :wink:

70% is a fairly decent bend to me (mainly because I can rarely exceed that) but we never know, things may well sort themselves out over the course of the next few weeks and months. Revisions are also tricky beggars. How's the driving going? And how's Mr Wendgro? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wendgro
    The drivng has been a good since I started back to it in May the clutch work is still very uncomfortable but it does keep the knee bending. The other half is gardening his sight remains poor but at least we get out now even though it.s local no more relying on lifts for Dr.s Dentist etc. I thought about what my consultant has said my husband agrees with me if it.s a non invasive procedure manipulation I have nothing to lose also an epidural, if it.s a general anaesthetic then no I will manage, I have got three months now before any decision is made you never know I might wake up one morning and it bends freely. (in my dreams) keep you posted Wendy
  • dreamdaisy
    Sometimes dreams come true. I've had two do just that which, in 54 years, isn't too bad. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It seems to me that, although not perfect, wendgro, the knee is allowing you to function pretty well. Yes, keep aiming for 90 degrees but, if it doesn't come, is it a huge loss? I like your take on potential surgery, too :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wendgro
    I think with all this hot weather my knee has been bothering me a lot started taking extra painkillers I have never had swollen ankles untill recently weather again, then today after doing a fair amount of driving I sat down and got the ice pack out guess what it eased the knee and it felt a lot better so while this weather is about I will revert back to icing a few times a day. Sometimes you do get these brain waves !!!!
  • dreamdaisy
    I think this is one of the 'dangers' with things getting better, sometimes we forget our tried-and-trusted coping strategies. Keep things cool, Wendgro. :wink: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Wendy
    I am sorry you are not quite there yet,but hopefully in the bear future things will be much better for you...must say your surgeon seems to know what he is doing..how lovely that your daughter is getting married...I dont blame you for putting of the op..
    Wishing you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara