I'm so sleepy

maria09
maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
edited 4. Aug 2013, 13:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
I'm such a sleepy bunny at the min
I'm sleeping ok at night just my normal nights waking up in discomfort when turning over so no new changes
I also keep snoozing in the afternoon in fact I'm due my siesta soon
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All joints are playing up hot and sore so when I nod off I have no pain
It's definitely this warm weather affecting me and many others

Keep cool
Maria

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Me too, move over 'cos you're hogging the bed. :wink: I slump most afternoons between 2.30 and 4.30, sometimes I sleep and sometimes I don't. The PsA is horrid at the moment and I blame the weather. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Well, this sounds familiar.....Husband was just asking how I can sleep so much. Easy, and I see I'm not alone.

Pleasant, pain-free napping to all who need.
  • Boomer13
    Hi Maria;

I hope your metoject goes well.

I was reading your other thread and realised you are in flare-mode now. I have this one to two day extreme sleepiness before a joint flare too. Is this true for you?

I'm sorry you are having a bout of chest pain. I know that is a very painful thing.

feel better soon.

xxAnna
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    I feel ure sleepiness too ladies. Unfortunately my cfs is nearly always beaten by my insomnia so ive had 4-5 hours of broken sleep in 3 days. Beyond exhausted :(

This humidity is gona kill me I fear :? Lol

Hugs to you all & take every drop of sleep you can get :) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    Hi Anna
    Thank you
    Yes I'm definitely flaring its driving me nuts
    Can't start Metoject for another week as need to be shown how to use it
    So another cr***y week
    So I'm just trying to rest
    Hoe you feel better soon
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Shown how to use it? :shock: It's hardly rocket science plus you're a nurse. Did you also get the information folder? Ye gods, I am stunned by this, it seems utterly crazy. :? Sorry, not helpful. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    So they'll make you wait another week in pain when you are a nurse. What is the point :shock: :roll: . They obviously don't know what these diseases feel like. Drives me nuts......

Hang in there. Sadly, is the best I can offer.

xxAnna
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    I'm so sorry :( (((((Maria))))) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • maria09
    I know it does sound silly really
    Something to do with the fact I've never given Metoject before
    I've given some weird and wonderful injections in my time I also know how to deal with hazard spillages too but hey ho
    There's nothing I can do about it but grin and bear it
    Maybe she thought I was been a bit cocky saying I was happy to do my own injection but then again it might just be part of their protocol and a way of protecting themselves in case anything goes wrong
    So roll on next tues at 08.30 and a round trip of 45 miles on plus side I will get my bloods done a week earlier and also ask her to print off more blood forms for me
    The pain seems to be getting worse by the day might just have to up my tramadol as I'd got myself down to just 200mgs a day
    Will keep you all informed how I get on
    Maria
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    They have made me wait 3 times for this exact reason. The first time when I stated Enbrel, which I was ok with seems it was my first injection medication. Then they made me wait to see a nurse to take Humira which was the exact same injection method. I then stopped Humira to try another drug which failed so I was put back on Humira, and made to wait to see a nurse again.

I hope your pain does ease off while you are made to wait, I don't think this weather helps either for any of us
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Maria, I've been a sleepy bunny all day too! Can't kick it, I've been sleeping fairly well up to a couple of nights ago been getting pain in my left knee and foot and both hands. But feel like I could nod off at any minute all day. I try and have an hr to 2 hr siesta in the afternoon but fall asleep in front of the telly in the bedroom in the evening and the OH has to turn it off. I don't know if it's all to do with the heat or if it's Arther as well? What do you think?
  • maria09
    Hi Bubba
    I think its a mixture of our condition and the weather having this effect on us
    I've managed to keep awake during the day but only just
    Maria
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    l thought it was just me.. l feel l could sleep all the time, is it the pain killers, weather,or what, so tired, l can't be bothered with much when l feel like this...............
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    I'm the same. Have fallen asleep 3 times today and energy is non-existent. Only manage a few very disturbed hours at night, have been awake since before 4.30 a.m today and think on top of all the other bad nights I'vd had recently, have acquired quite a sleep deficit and today it just seems to have caught up with me totally. Did think things might improve now the weather is cooler but no such luck. Think we need someone to come up with a magic formula - wouldn't it be lovely!

Beryl
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Maria it is this weather...I have never known my OH to snooze in the afternoon he cant keep his eyes open... nor me but that is nothing new
    Would you like me to come round and do these injections for you...I am getting a dab hand here....(i think not ) :roll: xx
    Love
    Barbara