Update on me and RTHR

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 31. Jul 2013, 14:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I am now past the 12 week post op mark. I saw my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and he is happy with my progress and said my muscle weakness caused by the dysplasia is causing my ongoing limp . He hopes that with physio and hydro this should improve. I am walking unaided at home but still using 1 or 2 crutches when walking for longer, as advised by physio until the limp goes. I have been doing my physio exercises regulary, although they are not comfortable I am hoping they are helping me get stronger. I had my first hydro session on Tuesday and have 5 more to go to. I love hydro!
I have had some other health worries and am waiting to see a Neurologist to find out what is wrong. I am worried about the possible diagnosis as my GP has said my symptoms are pointing to MS maybe. I had some symptoms in the past too but they went away after a while and this again can happen in MS.
But my hip pain is gone re OA and it is mainly my lower back that is causing me arthur pain now.So my THR has been successful :D:D
I`m sorry if my post is a bit jumbled up but that reflects my head at the moment too!
I hope you are all doing as well as you can x
NB

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    NB glad to see the hip is going in the right direction, I am sorry to hear about your other problems, easy to say but try not to worry, we are all here for you. I hope you get as lovely a neurologist that I have, if it is ms that the doc thinks you would maybe be put on to IV Tysabri it is a wonderful drug it can keep things in remission for a long time, keep us up to date how you are going NB sending you some (((())))..............tc................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Marie
    thanks for your reply. I am trying not to worry, but it is hard when your mind starts wandering...! I don`t know who I will see yet, but just hope it can be sorted for sooner than I have been told so far.
    Hope you are ok x
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    You have done so well but I know your back is still painful, I really do hope the hydro bring you some relief...and good for you doing the exercises its not easy when you are in pain...but with your attitude you will get there...now you have more worry...I will be thinking about you and sending some good vibes..please let us know how you get on ((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Dear NB you have4 been through it but pleased your getting through it.
    Keep up the good fight
    Colin
    o yes keep your chin girl
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Glad things are sorting themselves out,keep up the gentle exercises. Mig
  • nearlybionic
    HI and thanks Barbara, Mig and Colin (nice to see you again!)
    I am trying to keep positive as there is nothing I can do about the new symptoms and worrying will do nothing to help. My chin will stay up, Colin, well, most of the time!
    The sun has gone into hibernation now here so I am planning a quiet day of reading and ironing, oh joys!
    Enjoy your Sunday too xx
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Wow, no hip pain - that has to be a good thing, yes? I am pleased you are enjoying the hydro, you are making good progress re sticks etc but as for the other possibility, well, I don't know what to say apart from I wish you well with it all, I really do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Hi NB. I am so pleased that the hip replacement has worked for you and it is good to hear you are doing so well. I am sorry, though, to hear of your other worries. I am sending positive thoughts your way. Keep up the good work. ((()))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You've done very well with the THR, NB, and I'm pleased it all seems to be going well. Hydro? Yes, I think we all love it. Potential MS is a hard one to 'ignore' but I'm sure the best thing is to think positive and trust that it isn't until and unless you hear anything to the contrary. Fingers crossed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    HI
    Thanks DD, Sticky and Frogmella
    I am feeling a bit anxious off and on today. i think it is because it is Sunday and too much time to think! I am a bit busier tomorrow so less thinking time.
    NB
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    ((((hugs)))) Sending well wishes & hopeful, positive vibes.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi NB
    So pleased that your THR seems to have gone fine.
    Sorry about the other and it is for me to say not to worry but probably very hard for you to do.
    Any idea {roughly} when you might get an appointment?
    Praying for you
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Hello again! How're things today?
    Steven Wright
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks Hileena, Sticky & Debbie
    I have been to the Opticians today for my routine eye test and have now got another bit of me going wrong! My eye pressures are out so I have been referred to the Ophthalmologist (there is a family history of glaucoma). I rang the GP`s again about my Neurology referral and have been told , again, that they will ask the GP :roll:
    I am feeling a bit fed up today now, as I feel achey/in pain in my back and my hands /feet symptoms are bad too. Oh and I need new glasses too as my eye sight is worsening! I think I need to go to the Vets and put myself out of my misery! :shock:
    Thankyou for your concern Sticky xx It is much appreciated
    NB
  • stickywicket
    I'm off tomorrow for a week(ish) but I do hope things are much better when I get back. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi NB
    It's one thing on top of another isn't it?
    I've got a family history of glaucoma and have to go every year instead of the normal 2 years for tests. I've had both cataracts done and at the moment just need reading glasses but who can tell.
    I suppose the extra pain is the stress about other things.
    I know that it affects me.....like today when I have day surgery.....I'm sorer than I've been for a while
    You take care and I hope you get answers soon
    Love
    Hileena
  • nearlybionic
    Hi Hileena and Sticky
    Sticky I hope you have a good week away 8)
    Hileena, yes it is one thing after another. I think I would feel better about things if I had time to get used to each new thing in my own time. But no! Life has dumped it all on me at once!! I hope your day surgery goes well xx
    I had my 2nd hydro this morning and found it hard work as I was in pain before I started . But I still enjoyed it.
    No word from the GP as yet :roll:
    NB
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hydro is hard work but we don't know how hard until we stop. :wink: I hope you hear from the GP sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi NB
    Hydro is hard work and I don't particularly like it
    Hope the GP gets in touch soon
    Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thinking of you. Mig
  • nearlybionic
    HI
    Thanks DD, Mig and Hileena
    I heard from the GP`s , she has referred me directly to the Neurologist, so hopefully I will get an appointment soon.
    I had a bad night`s sleep, well none sleep! I tried to sleep on my old THR side with lots of pillows and must have been dropping off and stupidly tried to turn over without thinking and OUCH!!!!! I got an almighty pain across my new THR hip and pelvis. I shouted out , probably an expletive :oops: and Mr NB grunted and turned over in disgust!! (denies hearing anything today) So today i have had a very sore hip.
    Thankyou all for your support , it is both needed and appreciated x
    NB