Being called a fraud!

Options
2»

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    To be completely honest I didn't suspect anything my self, I just assumed the pain and tiredness was me just having a bad day. It was picked up when I went for my monthly tests which includes a urine test. I am feeling slightly better today but still seem to be having a lot of pain in my side, which again I'm unsure if its the arthritis or the infection.

Hopefully it will clear up soon so I can have my infusion in 4 weeks time, if it doesn't clear by next week then I will have to delay my infusion which will be a pain as I plan to go away in dec for 4 weeks and my current schedule fitted in with going away perfectly!

On the plus side I have lost 10lbs in a short space of time, not the best way to lose weight from being ill but it's sure a good way to motivate me into more weight loss which I need to do.
  • thistlegirl
    thistlegirl Member Posts: 229
    Options
    I think it is easier to count the amount of times I don't get glared at when parking. I am fine with it but if someone is with me they are ready for a fight! I have had a blue badge and a disabled bay outside my flat for years now and it is amazing the reactions you get, I am early 34 but look younger(I blame all the chemicals form the drugs) I did have an argument with an old man on the bus during a really bad period (just before I was put on crutches for the first time) he motioned that there was a priority seat free beside him and I quickly sat down and he said he actually meant for the older man standing beside me and pointed to the priority sticker. I made some comment about age and ability being variable trying to shut him down but he wouldn't let it go so I am embarrassed to say that I let rip about hidden diseases and how valuable these seats were and I wouldn't take one if I didn't need it...Yeah not a good time. :?
    Sometime I am pretty close to fully mobile, sometimes I am in a lot of pain sometimes and am on 2 crutches. If I ever feel I can go without a bb space I don't use it, I know what I can cope with and if I am going to make it around the shop and back to the car it better be as close to the exit as possible.
    One guy said to me "You don't look disabled!", I replied with "Is that meant to be a compliment?" pointed to my blue badge and got in my car.
    These people obviously don't realise how hard it is to get a badge from the council!

Thistle
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I've just had to renew my Blue Badge ... Wots with charging for the it now :(
    Anyway, I had to enclose proof of highest rate mobility from DLA :shock: :o I was really surprised, as previous to this one, a letter from ure GP recommending you was enough to get allocated a badge!! I do think its a good idea that its based on DLA/PIP tho.

I do hold this Governments attitude & choice of wording surrounding the sick & disabled partially responsible for a lot of the disgraceful treatment I've been witness to, on the receiving end of or have heard of in the past few years :( :x It sets a tone for the 'general public' to follow & then they wonder why these things happen, fools!!

U now know you aren't alone at least. (((you))) x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I had to pay for mine this time and dint the first time.
    Not sure about the DLA though.....I don't claim any benefits but need a BB....especially for the larger space to get my rollator out of the car without scratching someones car or mine :roll:
    I can walk about 10 mins on the flat without any aids and that's my lot....its hilly here and I can only do about 5 mins at the most and I'm in agony. I was refused DLA and didn't appeal and now I'm too old :shock: to claim it :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh no ... I completely forgot the cut off age!! Ure so right. I assume Wiltshire just doesn't care then :shock: :o Oh no, that means my Mum will lose her BB :( Ggrrr x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I've got my BB even though I'm not claiming anything.
    It doesn't matter, you are entitled to it if you meet the criteria

Love
    Hileena
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Your Mum won't lose her BB it is DLA that is age related.

I'm yet to receive any abuse for using the BB but am prepared for when and if it does happen. Its the people who park without a badge that annoy me they are the ones that need challenging but of course they seem to get away with it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein