Working & DLA (motability) will the new rules go against

Options
justinbarrow
justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
At the moment DLA can be claimed and while working and people have mobility cars to get around (to get to their job etc)

ATOS have won the £400 Million contract to re-asses everyone currently on DLA for the new P.I.P benefit by 2016.

I have heard some horrible stories regarding this company (ATOS) who are the same company that carry out medical assessments on Incapacity benefit claims where people have indicated or they have implied that if people are capable of watching TV for half an hour or lift an empty box they are removed from Incapacity benefit and declared by ATOS as 100% fit and healthy which is well documented in most cases is untrue.

What is going to happens when they asses your current claim for DLA to go onto its replacement P.I.P if you mention you have a part time job surely they will declare that you don't need the money.

It would be nice to see their assessment criteria for the new P.I.P benefit which is supposed to be a much tougher as there are lots of people who have Mobility DLA and have jobs and use their car to get to that job etc.. but if ATOS apply the same ruthless methods used on incapacity medical assessments I am concerned people are going to lose their entitlement for P.I.P then not being able to fund their mobility car then in turn cant get to their job and lose out.

Anyone else heard anything about this as its worrying.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I would be worried ATOS are the worst! They lie in their assessment of you, don't listen to what you have to say saying they don't need to know that
    DWP are crafty they don't tell you your interview can and should be recorded as I'm sure if mine had been recorded I would not have been passed as fit for work
    In my assessment I had even changed sex as the nurse had reported I was a male therefore was not at risk of becoming pregnant! Also my name changed and I also became a Mr! Also the empty cardboard box is true so that makes everyone fit! As I could hold a thin file I was able to use a keyboard and mouse the list is endless!
    Also whilst people with cancer have been waiting for their tribunal they have sadly passed away! That is so so sad
    I have my tribunal on Saturday so hopefully I will have it overturned
    It seems to me the sick and vulnerable are an easy target for the government to get their debts down!
    We just need to keep strong and fight
    Maria :x
  • justinbarrow
    Options
    Hi Maria, hope your tribunal went ok. I agree with you that they are getting things wrong. Hope you and everyone are well as can be.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    No it didn't go well and I lost my appeal
    Grrrr
  • justinbarrow
    Options
    Hi Maria, Sorry to hear about the appeal :( I spotted it on another thread also.
  • Annieboo87
    Annieboo87 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Sorry to hear u lost your appeal maria. Whay happens when u lose one as im aboit to appeal a decision on the esa benefit.