arthritis on the hips

lagloire
lagloire Member Posts: 17
edited 29. Sep 2013, 04:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
I would like to have some advice about arthritis on the hips. My sister is suffering from ''Osteonecrosis: arthritis in both hips'' and it is affecting her badly. she is living in Africa. apparently the surgery is the only option, Because it is too expensive for her ''£3000 per hip'', I would like to know if anyone has arthritis on the hip and how they manage. Your experience could help her.
Thank you ''LAGLOIRE''

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've had both hips replaced. It will be very difficult for your sister if she can't. The treatment is anti-inflammatories, pain relief and exercises. A healthy diet and weight will also help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lagloire
    Thank you Stickywicket for your reply. It is what I thought, her both hips have to be replaced. I am myself not working at the moment due to my health condition. I will look for some charitable organisations and see if they can help her. otherwise, I don't know what is going to happen.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello lagloire
    I agree with sticky if she cant have the op then things will be really hard,I do feel for he, I have had one hip done and now waiting for the second one, I do hope she can get the help very soon...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lagloire
    Thank you Barbara for your reply, it's kind f you. I am looking on the net to get some help.