Arcoxia

lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 2. Oct 2013, 14:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks.. not been around for a while but have had to recently pop to doctors about my OA....Been very lucky but it has been a couple of bad weeks. :(
Now hit thumbs.. elbows feet.. hips are worse... dead seaky.. was not to bad during the good summer and as soon as the weather changed bang.. :x

The doctor is great and is trying me on arcoxia.. said take for a couple of days and see how i go said there were other tablets to try so dont give up. :D

I am unable to take most of the common once used as i have problems with my stomach even with the stomach protection drugs. :(

Just wonder if anyone else had been on or is on this drug and how they went... also what other drugs are people on???

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've never done it, lupin, but I seem to remember frogmorton does or did. I'm sure she'll be around soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Lupin..please let us know how you get on..I am in the process of trying to find something for the pain of OA...I do wish you well with itxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Hi Lupin

I have been on arcoxia /etoricoxib for a very long time. I find it a great anti inflammatory. I have tried to manage without taking them but really notice the difference so always go back to them.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    I have been taking arcoxia for as long as I can remember, it works great for me. My doctor also told me its probably the best anti inflammatory for the stomach as it comes coated in something to make it dissolve in the digestive system rather than the stomach. It costs a lot more than the other anti inflammatory so it's not used as often and I think it's also one of the stronger ones.

The only complaints I have with arcoxia is that I feel when I start taking it the medication works great, over time it seems to work less and less until I take a break from it. I also get very bad mouth ulcers from arcoxia
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    When I tried Arcoxia it really triggered my migraines- I generally only get 4 or 5 a year, but got one almost every time I took the Arcoxia- needless to say I stopped it quickly!

Deb
  • lupin15
    well second day in.... so far so good. Only on lowest dosaged. Not as stiff this evening which is a first in years... and have managed to get out of the chair and not limped down the hallway...actually walked :D:D still have pain but not as bad... watch this space.
  • lupin15
    As5567 wrote:
    I have been taking arcoxia for as long as I can remember, it works great for me. My doctor also told me its probably the best anti inflammatory for the stomach as it comes coated in something to make it dissolve in the digestive system rather than the stomach. It costs a lot more than the other anti inflammatory so it's not used as often and I think it's also one of the stronger ones.

The only complaints I have with arcoxia is that I feel when I start taking it the medication works great, over time it seems to work less and less until I take a break from it. I also get very bad mouth ulcers from arcoxia

snap mouth ulcers after 5 days .... stomach a little wobbly but want to see how i go. Did your mouth ulcers ease off after a while???
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    lupin15 wrote:
    As5567 wrote:

snap mouth ulcers after 5 days .... stomach a little wobbly but want to see how i go. Did your mouth ulcers ease off after a while???

The mouth ulcers seem to come and go, example 2 weeks of mouth ulcers then nothing for 6 weeks. Or sometimes the other way round, I would suggest talking to your doctor to see what can be given to limit the effects. I hope that the arcoxia is working in other areas for you, its a great drug!
  • lupin15
    Talked with gp today have stopped the drug as stomach has kicked off... going to leave the drug until it settles then try drug with sotmach protection drug... if that does not work its back to gp again next week... must admit my gp is being fab.