Signed off work for another two weeks

SaraD
SaraD Member Posts: 31
Hi all

I've just been signed off for another two weeks. I worry about work as I'm sure they are trying to get rid anyway because of my PA. To add to this I can't have my infusion (Infliximab) on Friday as I have a cold. As it's a biologicial treatment they won't give it to you, if you are unwell. Apparently it can cause a secondary infection. Feel like things are getting on top of me a bit. Haven't heard much from my friends either. Just when you need them most. :(

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sara
    I'm sorry you have been signed off for 2 more weeks
    I had similar experience with so called friends at work the ones that are your real friends will stay in touch with you the others aren't worth thinking about
    I have 5 good friends from work and we all keep In touch strangely enough they all have moved jobs since I left :)
    Just remember you are not alone you have us lot :)
    Maria :)
  • SaraD
    Hi Maria

It's not work friends, it's life long friends that haven't text or called to see how I am. If I knew they were ill I'd try and visit or at least call/text to check how they are. Suppose we aren't all the same! What type of arthritis do you have?

Sara
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    That's not very nice of them!
    I have 2 types Osteoarthritis and spondylo arthropathy ( type of inflammatory arthritis
    Hope you get some ease soon
    Maria :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    This is what people do, SaraD. They find it difficult to grasp that although we see doctors and take meds we don't get better whereas they do; thus they tend to forget that we are still struggling.

I began to lose contact with long-term friends but realised that friendship is a two-way thing; just because I am unwell doesn't mean that I can't pick up the 'phone every now and again. They no longer ring as often as they did because they know I am never up for country walks, playing tennis or going to concerts etc. On the plus side they are now beginning to complain about the aches and pains of ageing - oh diddums. :wink:

I routinely stop my meth and humira when I have an infection, this is what my hospital have told me to do and I find I recover more quickly. I hope you feel better and can have your infusion sooner rather than later. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • SaraD
    Hi all

Just had some flowers delivered from work. Was feeling pretty down in the dumps but they have really cheered me up! Shame we can't get flowers everyday!!! :D

Sara
  • dreamdaisy
    What a lovely surprise! DD
  • SaraD
    I almost forgot the pain (almost!)
  • dreamdaisy
    That can happen - keep distracting yourself in any way that you can, it is one of the best coping strategies around. Anyhoo, the flowers show concern and that is pleasing. DD