Esa no medical

lulubell69
lulubell69 Member Posts: 110
edited 8. Nov 2013, 16:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks
Applied for esa about a month ago and I got a letter yesterday to say I have been put in the support group. No medical or anything.
So relieved !

Les

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Congratulations, I am so pleased for you, it is so nice to see that you have gone straight through to the support group it must be such a relief for you..............well done ..........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    that's fantastic well done
    04_pain.jpg
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    hi Les , very good news for you , I was the same & was worried about the medical & so nice to go straight into the support group without it
  • oldies
    oldies Member Posts: 66
    I also got this this time last year,donr be fooled though,i have just had another set of flippin forms to fill in.They reasses you.!!!!!!!! More stress how much more do we have to take
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Congrats Les! I got mine this week to fill in, doing them today, Hubby fills in forms for me as it hurts my hands, Still waiting on the results from 'what was DLA' so going to have double stress waiting for results!
  • oldies
    Why when they put you in the support group without a mediacl do they send the ESA forms yet again 10 months later to fill in.Nothing has changed in fact gone worse and will never change,.Why on earth they have to put more and more stress on you beggers belief.I think they try to catch people out.They are leading us all into a false sense of security,i could have a good old rant about Atos and the DWP but it only adds to your already stressed body.Good luck to all who are going through all the said form filling
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    congratulations! :D
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    well done lulubell69
    i had to have a medical.
    mike26 :|
  • oldies
    Sent the forms in yesterday,will be interaesting to see what the outcome of this set of forms will be.
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    be interesting to know if they do the same thing again & put you in the support group without a medical
  • oldies
    That is just what i think too,maybe they will send me for one this time.I cannot belive they put you in the support group then put you through the same stress yet again.Nothing has or will ever change apart from get worse :oops:
  • oldies
    Still no phone call or letter from them,expected to hear something last week.Hope they received the forms.I would think they would have been on my case by now if they had'nt. The waiting is as stressful as the flippin form filling !!!!! :?
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Thats good going into support group without face to face assessment - Did you get help filling in your initial forms? Maybe they will not need to see some people as they are now undertaking all the millions of DLA assessments.

Oldies hope you hear some good news soon.
  • oldies
    I went to DIAL they filled all the forms in for me last year and I was put in support group without a face to face.Twelve months later another set of forms to fill in,went to DIAL again.Sent the forms back by the 23 rd sept but still not heard anything back,it was about 5 weeks the last time before I got the call.
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    What does being in the support group mean

Thanks Petals x
  • oldies
    Hi Petal, The supportvgroupmis where you don't have to go for work based interviews or forced to work or claim job seekers allowance.Thats the best way I can explain it.In my opinion most people who have chronic illness and struggle daily should ALL be in this group.If I can give you anymore info please ask x