Fibromyalgia - interesting reading

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 30. Dec 2013, 11:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
At last!

Fibro is not in your mind so please do not let any doctor tell you otherwise.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/dec/29/fibromyalgia-solved-pathology-not-mind/

(There are 1393 comments at the end of the article)

Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thank you for this, elna, I was surprised when my rheumatologist diagnosed me with fibro earlier this year; after I mentioned a couple of things, and she did some prodding and poking, she pronounced her verdict and said that she held no truck with those in the 'stuff and nonsense' brigade which was oddly reassuring. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Thank you. It does help explain my total inability to regulate my temperature!!

It seems every other month they come out with another explanation for FM ... The one thing they all seem to agree on is that it's not in our heads which FM sufferers have been telling them for years!! :lol:

Xx xX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    At last some proof that it's not all in the mind but real facts about this horrible illness! My G.P says I have Fibromyalgia on top of everything else so going to keep a copy of this in case I need to prove it's not all in my head!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Bubba

I am sorry that you have been dx with fibro as well - good idea to keep a copy of the above.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.