need your prayers again

2»

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That is very good news Ouch after last weeks worry. Now your Nephew needs time to recover and get his strength back. Now you and your sister can take a deep breath and relax a little more.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Ouch!

What a time you've been having. I am so sorry to have been AWOL while you've been going through all this :?

I am glad, however, to read that your nephew has a far better prognosis now
    than had been feared.

I will keep you and he in my thoughts

love

Toni xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Better news ouch, better than you first thought.........take care..........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your nephew Ouch, in fact for all the family as they go through this awful time.

Kath xx

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    That's much better news Ouch. They say 10-20 years but it could be more. Hope it won't be long before he is home and you can all relax.
    Christine
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    frogmorton wrote:
    Oh Ouch!

What a time you've been having. I am so sorry to have been AWOL while you've been going through all this :?

I am glad, however, to read that your nephew has a far better prognosis now
    than had been feared.

I will keep you and he in my thoughts

love

Toni xxx

Toni...don't you apologise! The fact that you make the time to read others' posts amazes me! You've been in my thoughts often.

My nephew has been discharged and is travelling home as we speak. His care has been transferred to another hospital so they have to wait for him to get a referral to them (it's a major hospital which my sister wanted in the first place). The feeling is coming back into his arm slowly which is great news. However, my sister has gone to pieces as it has just sunk in that her son has an inoperable brain tumour...I called her this morning and could barely understand her as she was crying so much. It's very hard not being able to put my arms around her.

Anyway, I know I keep thanking you all for your thoughts but it really does help.

x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello ouch
    I am glad the prognosis is a little better than thought..blimey life can be so scary..my prayers go out to him...and some hugs for you (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi, Ouch, I'm sure your Nephew will be glad to be home, it's extremely good that the hospital that will take over his care is a top one so you know he's in the best hands. It's understandable that now the enormity of it all has hit your sister, she must have been on auto-pilot! She is gonna need a lot of support to make sense of what's going on.
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    Hi and also glad to hear the current position, it is still tough & so upsetting for your sister & nephew & families :( but such an upturn in the previous prognosis - 10-20 years can see all sorts of medical advances (there would have been no Enbrel 20 years ago for me, and the whole RA picture has changed hugely as we know). Best of wishes.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    ouchpotato wrote:
    .I called her this morning and could barely understand her as she was crying so much. It's very hard not being able to put my arms around her.

Have you tried skypeing, ouch? It's not as good as 'reality' but better than a phone call. You can at least see the other person's face and 'read' expressions for better empathy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    Sticky, my sister is a real technophobe...she hates computers, and mobile phones, and even remote controls, lol. I'd never get her skyping! I've only just got her to open attachments on her emails!

I will try and give her a call over the weekend and I'll let you know how things are.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Ouch Hope you mannage to get some well earned rest this weekend .remember we are all rooting for your sister and her very brave son Marrianne((()))) hugs continued prayers
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    ouchpotato wrote:
    Sticky, my sister is a real technophobe...she hates computers, and mobile phones, and even remote controls, lol. I'd never get her skyping! I've only just got her to open attachments on her emails!

I will try and give her a call over the weekend and I'll let you know how things are.

Ah, I have one of those sisters too :lol: She misses out on so much that my brother and I chat about. Even so, if you could manage to talk her through setting it up, which is so easy, (Other video devices are available too :) ) I'm sure she'd find it's actually easier than phoning - and far cheaper.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright