Welcome to the neighbourhood.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 23. Jan 2014, 04:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I guess it serves me right for being a non-gardener. :wink: At some expense I had all three wheelie bins washed and disinfected with the nett result that we no longer possess any of the clean ones. :x Methinks its time for some cheap white paint and brush - I know which graffiti I would prefer :wink: but will make do with the old name of the property, its number and the postcode. I thought we'd left this kind of behaviour behind us but apparently not. I doubt, however, that people will wander down our crunchy drive to key our cars and kick off the wing mirrors so that has to be a social improvement, yes? :? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    DD, this was exactly the welcome to the new 'hood I received too, only black paint on a wooden gate. That, and trashing of the street number followed up with a keying of my vehicle. After several more incidents with fireworks and car-stunting outside our house, I no longer hesitate to call the police. Welcome!! :x
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    DD, It s just the signs of the times ,Is it a generation thing ? I always talk with o/h what will happen when we are all gone :lol: cant even imagine its a genuine mistake turn the other cheek begger em Marrianne :lol: ((())))
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I am lucky where my flat is the entrance is in a street round the corner to the postal address, no one knows it is there, the downside is neither does any delivery drivers :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Its so sad how things have gone, must say we are very lucky, the rd we live on has such good neighbours not sure how it happened it just did..and has people move out they seem to be replaced by good ones.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Yep get the paint out DD. Otherwise keep cleaning them all till they are all done.

I agree with you Barbara and we are also lucky to live on a nice street. We get the loud music when the Sun shines (wish we could do something about that) and occasionally a note through the door saying a house has been burgled but compared to others it seems okay.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    I've always had my bins cleaned on a regular basis, just because they are for rubbish doesn't mean they have to be grubby does it? I am also conscious about the fact that I am immuno-suppressed and so try to minimise any risk of getting bugs. I should have numbered them when we moved in but somehow didn't get around to it. I shall wait until the next blue bin day, watch out for the men, retrieve mine and then paint it. We have loads of spare pain in the garage so that'll do.

I was browsing the kitchen department bit of B&M yesterday and came across a glass chopping board (I don't like them because they are very noisy!) but this one tickled my fancy. It was emblazoned with iChop - I have a feeling it may find its way into our house! DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    We have loads of spare pain in the garage DD
    :o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I'm so sorry to hear this DD ((((()))))
    Numpty :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Now that's a good 'un by me and spotters badge to Numptydumpty! Come to think of it I have spare pain all over the place. :wink: DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Didn't, notice it till Numpty said,it's a good un DD.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I reckon the bin will skedaddle if you mention applying spare pain to it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright