Does every post have to be approved by admin?

a1laserboy
a1laserboy Member Posts: 7
edited 3. Feb 2014, 11:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just wondering, I can see why my first post had to be, but now my second one needs to be.

Is this how it works? Not used to this kind of restricted moderation in a forum.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello

All new members joining the forum have to have their initial posts approved by a moderator. Once 2 posts have been approved, the forum software will allow you to post freely.

Except... There is a strict ban on swearing on the boards and some posts may automatically be flagged by the software and placed in moderation for us to look at. The same rule applies to PMs except moderators don't see these at all and the message vanishes into the ether. A read of the forum rules is highly recommended.

The reason for this is the continuing spam account sign-ups on a daily basis. All new members are checked on joining and we remove, on average, 1 new member per day who is a fresh spam account.

Do enjoy posting to the forums, its a great community.

Mod B
    :)
  • a1laserboy
    a1laserboy Member Posts: 7
    Ahh, I see, thank you Mod B :)

Sorry to be so jumpy. I promise not to swear i hope, i have been known to accidentally let a little one slip in the past, but I always try to mind my manners in forumsesses.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Welcome to the forum A1Laserboy Marrianne :)
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    And welcome from me too,

I had to sensor myself earlier when I posted!!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Welcome. The initial census is light and benefits us all with no trash to wade though for what is a serious subject at times. We would I suspect swear more because of our illnesses than just to rant but it doesn't hurt us to be polite to each other for a few sentences.

Just don't say the word ki........ :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: