Rhummey Nurse Appointment

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 22. Feb 2014, 13:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw my Rhummey Nurse yesterday, it was a fairly good appointment, my bloods showed my inflammatory markers where in the black for the 1st time! The only concern was my hips are both swollen with fluid it effects my sleeping because I can't sleep on my sides she said it was this long name part of the Arthritis family. She has suggested Hydro pool therapy to help them so waiting for an appointment. Over all a fairly good appointment.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What do you mean by 'in the black'? Single digits? I'm glad it went well and I hope the hydro helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    She said my inflammatory markers where in the black meaning they where actually at good levels. She showed me on the screen from the 1st time I saw Rhummey Consultant & Nurse my numbers where in red and my last blood test showed my markers where in black colour. Which was good.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh I see. I now remember seeing my bloods on screen and yes, the higher numbers were red and the 'better' black. That, however, was not enough for them or me, if they were in the black then I wanted them as low as possible: this is how I know the humira/meth combo is 'working' because some values of CRP and ESR are too low to measure. Whoop-de-doo, wish I felt that but thanks to the OA I don't. :lol:

Being back in the black is a good thing and I hope that lasts, yes? What did she have to say about your knee and your shoulder? (I think I have those right but, if not, I apologise. :oops: ) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    She just told me if I was still in a lot of pain I needed to revisit my pain meds with my G.P as they needed 'tweaking'. I'm not to happy to increase my M.S.T as I reduced them a while ago so I wasn't 'Zombified' any more. So I'm left in limbo will speak to G.P as I need to discuss a couple of other things with her and see what she thinks.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Aww bubba Im so glad the appointment went well for you, but your hips being swollen must be so painful.. :o know wonder you cant sleep..I do hope the hydro works for you..((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara