Hello just had first rhumatoid app

Nicholajx
Nicholajx Member Posts: 5
edited 27. Feb 2014, 08:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,I have is had first rheumatology app who says suspect inflammatory arthritis, is his the same as rheumatoid? I am awaiting scans and been told to stick wth dicloeniax and pain killiars until seen again.

Nichola 33 years old

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, no it isn't, not quite. There are around 200 forms of auto-immune arthritis, the most common of which are rheumatoid, psoriatic and ankylosing spondylitis. The umbrella term 'inflammatory arthritis' is used until something more specific can be determined but this can take some time. You have the scans to come (if you don't hear within the month then chase) and yes, keep up with the anti-inflammatories (if that is what dicloeniax is - do you have a stomach protector med too?) and pain relief. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Nicola
    Sorry I cant offer any advice, but I am waiting for a second Rheumy appointment after 4 years of OA..my last one was3 and a half years ago..so I would be interested to see what questions they asked you and what test they did..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Nicholajx
    Thanks yes its anti inflammatory meds, thanks I dont have any to protect my stomach will contact my gp. Hopefully I wont wait to long for scans. I have been given co odomal too.

AT my appointment I had bloods taken, then had a examination of joints and got asked to do some excercises eg put hands above head. She then went through some family history and I had to explain my pain, I had kept a diary of the pain which helped. She told me about the scans to be taken and about steroid injections she thinks will help. Hope this helps good luck hope U dont wait too long
    Nichola
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    Your bloods will hopefully give a few clues & the other info you have provided, but as far as diagnosis goes, I'm still under the inflammatory arthritis stage - partly because I'm sero-negative, ie I test negatively for rheumatoid factor. Although a diagnosis is what you naturally want, sometimes as long as other possibles have been ruled out, you can continue under the general category til further notice & be no worse off provided your treatment is appropriate & working for you. Good luck with your follow-up appointments.
  • Nicholajx
    Thanks I was positive for the rhemutoid factor. Thanks for your help its all a bit daunting and confusing x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Nicholajx wrote:
    Thanks yes its anti inflammatory meds, thanks I dont have any to protect my stomach will contact my gp. Hopefully I wont wait to long for scans. I have been given co odomal too.

AT my appointment I had bloods taken, then had a examination of joints and got asked to do some excercises eg put hands above head. She then went through some family history and I had to explain my pain, I had kept a diary of the pain which helped. She told me about the scans to be taken and about steroid injections she thinks will help. Hope this helps good luck hope U dont wait too long
    Nichola
    Thankyou and I do wish you well ..of course it is daunting , but talking to us will help you xx
    Love
    Barbara