Hopeful for Humira

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 29. Mar 2014, 10:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw my rheum today and I expected it to be a whole palaver but the nurse had already applied for anti TNF number 2. So, all I'm waiting for is Healthcare at Home to contact me. I won't hold my breath that they'll be speedy. :lol:

I have been umming and ahing over starting another one so close to the end of my degree but rheum feels this is the best option to get the RA under control. I feel comfortable with this.

Any Humira stories would be gratefully appreciated. I know everyone's experiences are different but it's good to hear how people found it.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck Sophie I really hope it works for you and kicks in quickly, keeping fingers crossed for you...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Worked for me really quick at first, then became less effective as time went by. I was then put onto a weekly dose of Humira which helped and I was able to enjoy the drug for almost 3 years until it decided to fully stop working last April.

I had no side effects on this drug nor did it make me tired, it litrally felt like I was injecting "magic" water. I hope it works well for you!
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Sophie,

That's good, it sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you :)

I tried Humira about five years ago. Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for me, but please don't take my case as typical as I know that for some it works well – DD, for example? On a brighter note, everything went smoothly with HAH (this was 2009, mind!).

I'll be keeping my toes crossed for you :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I suspect that my injected meth / humira regime is quelling my PsA (thanks to gorgeous bloods) but of course they do nowt for the OA which is my greater problem: I appreciate the honesty of OA (now how weird is that? :lol: ) Please don't use me as a yardstick, instead choose those who no longer post, probably because they have only an auto-immune to deal with. I won't name them because they won't be looking in. :wink:

Hon, we all differ no matter what dross befalls us. Hopefully this will be your protective garlic against the arthritis vampire, yes?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello Starburst,

Apart from two relatively short gaps caused by other non-arthritic
    situations I've been stabbing myself with humira once a fortnight
    since mid 2009 and it has always worked for me, to such an
    extent that I have been able to make an affirmative statement
    as a patient expert on behalf of Arthritis Care to NICE.
    You may see from other posts that I have had no problems with
    deliveries from HcH, but then I do live on the right side of the
    Pennines.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Sophie
    Sorry I cant offer any help, but I really do wish you well with it..and please let us know how you get on..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Kittkat
    Kittkat Member Posts: 309
    Hope it works for you best of luck :D
    How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I suspect that my injected meth / humira regime is quelling my PsA (thanks to gorgeous bloods) but of course they do nowt for the OA which is my greater problem: I appreciate the honesty of OA (now how weird is that? :lol: ) Please don't use me as a yardstick [etc.]

Hi DD,

Oops! I think you've picked up a meaning I didn't intend. Simply, I thought you might like to share your experience of Humira. To me, it seems a positive experience, because I have PsA and OA too, but my PsA isn't under control yet.

Toes still crossed for Sophie, of course, and for everyone else hopeful for treatment :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Pippa
    Pippa Member Posts: 23
    I'm hopeful for humira too sb. Due to start in May so we can swop notes. I have PsA too and so far meth and sulph haven't been successful.

Look forward to hearing your progress.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hi,I've been on humira for about 18months and it started working almost straight away,am also on hydroxy,but we are all different what works for one may not work for another ,I have not had any bad reaction at all and I find it so easy to do.Good luck with it ,hope all goes well. Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Thank you for your replies. I know we each have unique journeys. I can only try to be positive and hope for the best. No one knows what the future holds. The unknown is scary but it's easier just to take it one day at a time.

Happy weekend everyone! x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I feel I cannot sing its praises - I reckon it is slowing the PsA but in my case far too late for any visible difference to be made. I used to get five or six days of slightly improved mobility but that's gone now thanks to the progression of the OA. I remember my rheumatologist telling me that I would be losing the crutches and off the pain meds - instead I have graduated to a rollator and am still taking the pain pills. I'm sure she thought she was dangling a fat, juicy carrot - silly moo and I was a silly moo to believe her. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    hi starburst
    my roomy did tell me it would make a new man outa me,
    but so far all its done is make me feel under the whether and like this :mrgreen: ...
    ill give it me best shot tho, they do say CAN take you up to 12 weeks
    before any relief , my head is telling me differant tho :!:
    must give it more time me thinks..
    good luck with yours and mine :roll:
    mike26...