I'm spinning around, move out of my way!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 7. Apr 2014, 12:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hope some of you get the Kylie Minogue song reference!

I've been tripping over a lot lately, walking into everything and over the last few days, been getting increasingly dizzy and disorientated. It appears my poor eroded jaw joint is not the cause of my face pain. The culprit is a middle ear infection and a lot of fluid around the ear. Apparently I have vertigo; it feels the world is going round like this. :roll: Totally bizarre situation! I've never had vertigo before.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooooooh nasty. :( Are you on anti-bios for the infection? If so I hope they soon start to kick in and sort matters. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Hope you're soon feeling much better. My DH had labrynthitis (which I presume is what you have) a few years ago and felt very poorly with it. Take it easy and look after yourself.

Meg
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Nasty Starburst hope you feel better soon and take it easy and take care of yourself. sending (((((hugs))))))
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    It must be rotten feeling so dizzy ..suppose it make you feel a bit sickly..hopefully you can soon get on top of that infections and feel mush better...(((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Awww Sophie something else for you to contend with, I hope you are getting medication to help with this. I wholly sympathise with you I get dizzy spells due to losing salt and the steroids I was on put my blood pressure through the roof so had to come off them. Some gentle ((((()))) for you.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Starburst
    Nope, no antibiotics DD, apparently no good for this sort of infection as it's the fluid that's the real problem. I would have queried it further but I had been waiting an hour and felt sick as a dog. I'm seeing my nice GP on Monday for something else, so if I still feel ill then, I can get her to look again.

I took a study day that ended up being a sleeping day. Whoops!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That sounds horrible, Sophie, especially on top of everything else. I hope it's easing up by now but, if not, I do hope the doc can help out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Waiting for an hour? Ye gods, don't the worried well get on your nerves every now and again? :wink: Oh hon, that doesn't sound good at all, are things supposed to settle by themselves? :? I was told that about my fat left knee then five years later daylight dawned and I realised it wouldn't. :lol: Don't be as dim as me; I hope that come Monday things are a great deal easier but if not make sure she has another look. I'm worried about you - take it easy over the next few days please, at least the week-end is on the horizon. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I've had Vertigo recently, it is very scary! I never thought vertigo was an infection. I suffer from Vertigo with heights! You take it easy and I hope it goes soon. I expect you won't want to watch The Voice with it's spinning chairs!! :lol: (sorry couldn't help mentioning it!!)
  • Starburst
    Thank you for the replies. Bubbadog I did watch the Voice but no spinny chairs. :lol:

I'm finally feeling a fair bit less dizzy today but the ear pain is rather awful. Now I know why babies get so cranky with sore ears! I expect I do need antibiotics, so will get nice GP to have a peek tomorrow.

Not great timing as I'm having humira delivered on Wednesday and as I'm already trained in the jabs, in theory I could have started then. We'll see what the week has in store.
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Goodness me, that's horrid for you, I do hope it clears soon for you ((( )))
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Hope the appointment goes well for you today, Starburst.

Meg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I hope you get some help Sophie.

I have had benign directional vertigo (I think that's right :? ) a few times in the past. Had stemetil for it I think which helped. Probably spelt that wrong too :oops:

Love

toni xxx
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Take care Sophie, I've recently had vestibular difficulties too and it's not nice! Hope yours resolves soon.