Had a bit of a shock

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 10. Apr 2014, 19:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Knocked on my son's bedroom door this morning and walked in with the intention of wishing him a Happy Birthday, but instead I said "what on earth is wrong with your face?". He looked like a cross between the incredible hulk and Shreck. "Don't worry Mum" he said, "it's only a clay face mask." Perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned, but I wasn't aware young men went in for face masks.

I called his Dad up to have a look and he had the same reaction. "There's plenty left Dad if you want to do your face" our son said. And his Dad's reply? "No thank you."

I had to laugh.

Janet xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My heart started thumping when I read the title then I had to grin! :) Yup, young men are becoming far more aware about skin care - even Mr DD uses a moisturiser. I think your lad is being sensible - if he is used to taking care of himself then he may be more aware of moles etc . . . . I don't wish to sound alarmist but I reckon it's a good habit to have. Now it's time for my facial - where's my wire wool? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Phew Janet.. thought you was going to say there was a girl in there..I have two sons in there 30s and40s now but they take longer than anyone I know with there routines.. not that they live at home this is info from there partners.. :lol: they are always asking for Av** products..so things do get worse... :o:lol: I suppose its good they are taking an interest in how they look
    Love
    Barbara
  • Francie7532
    Francie7532 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Whew!! I also thought the worst, no girl, just by himself... how embarassing. I am happy to hear the other half is also looking after themselves. I grew up in a time, where men were lucky if they combed their hair. To take responsibility for your appearance and health is commendable for anyone. We know so much more now especially about prevention. You've raised a great son!!!
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    I think my son has more cosmetic bits and bobs than I've got. He is always trying new products and I must admit he does look very smart when he goes off to work.

His girlfriend spends a lot of time and money on her hair and skin and I think that is where the influence has come from.

But I did get a shock when I saw his green face. :shock:

Janet xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm not surprised - that must have been a weird experience for a mum but surely that's what offspring do. :? Mr DD is always smartly dressed for work, it's me that gets the benefit :wink: of saggy cotton shorts and a fleece. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bridesmum
    bridesmum Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Several years ago when my son was almost 18 I walked into his room, as I went to his window to open it I saw that he had company! I just gawped at her and said"who are you?" I was mortified but she didn't seem too embarrassed. They were a couple until he was 22.