Unusual pets

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 13. Apr 2014, 13:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
Anyone got an unusual one ? don't like cats ( sorry cat lovers )(only ever had time for RA ) .Mig

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I adopted a crested gecko 6 years ago. He is the easiest pet I've ever had.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I don't, but my niece has a spider :shock: ..and its big :shock: she has a dog and the spider sits on its back..needles to say I don't visit unless the spider is in its tank... :roll: x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I took on the school stick insects many years ago. Unfortunately nobody warned me that they breed at a terrific rate!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I have Mr SW. He's very unusual but, thankfully, doesn't breed at the rate of Elizabeth's stick insect :shock: Genetically a bit similar to a large cat in that either he's exercising to the full or fast asleep. he is, on the whole, quite docile but difficult to train. I have made some progress in 46 years but he is still, essentially, a pack animal, especially on Friday nights :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    :lol::lol: A good all purpose pet!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Mr mig still needs house training.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I had a frog a while back mig. He was called Fergus, but in the end I felt I had to set him free :?

Now I just have Daisycat.....who is FABULOUS and gorgeous and the only 'person' in the house who always loves me.

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    frogmorton wrote:
    I had a frog a while back mig. He was called Fergus, but in the end I felt I had to set him free :?

Now I just have Daisycat.....who is FABULOUS and gorgeous and the only 'person' in the house who always loves me.

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
    Aww that is so true of our pets ..well cats and dogs unconditional... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Good Morning All (and what a lovely one it is too here in Essex)

We've had Pippin our tortoise for 29 years and the garden wouldn't be the same without him now roaming around. But how he has survived on a diet of banana and defrosted frozen peas is anybody's guess. In all those years we've never managed to get him to eat anything else. We occasionally see him nibbling on the odd plant or two, but he in no way devours them.

And if anybody leaves the side gate open, then he's off like a rocket. We've had neighbours bring him back and even van delivery drivers reporting they've seen a tortoise walking up the road.

I've always looked after my neighbours various cats and dogs when she's been away, but get her to feed our tortoise if we're off somewhere - no way. She's frightened of him :roll:

Have a good day everyone.

Janet xx
  • Boomer13
    Janet, I've never seen 'tortoise' and 'rocket' used in the same sentence before :lol: