Sickness Bug

Bethliz
Bethliz Member Posts: 44
edited 17. Apr 2014, 05:50 in My child has arthritis
I'm worried but know there is nothing i can do! Sarah's twin has been ill all day with a sickness bug (think thats what shes got) Terrified Sarah will get it and be really ill as she is on mtx!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Up the hygiene, Bethliz - frequent hand washing for you and the poorly one, apply hand gel to everyone in the family, regularly wipe all surfaces with anti-bac wipes and casually monitor Sarah's temperature. Because she is immune-suppressed she won't present symptoms as quickly as her twin. I sincerely hope she doesn't catch it but if she does please ring her rheumatology department for advice: my hospital has always told me to stop my meth etc. when I catch a bug. I wish you all well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Bethliz
    Bethliz Member Posts: 44
    Sarah was really sick last night. I am in no doubt it is a bug we are dealing with as her sister was ill last week, i know a couple of other kids at nursery have been ill and i felt gastly all day Monday. So here we go 1st sickness bug since starting mtx!Guessing i just have to hope for the best that she gets over it quickly and doesn't suffer more or for longer because of mtx. If she seems worse in any way get her checked over. Conmmon sense I know but cant help being worried!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Please contact her rheumatology unit ASAP and ask whether she should continue taking the meth whilst she is ill - my hospital has always told me to stop my meds so that I recover more quickly but I don't know what you have been told. I hope you all get better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben