Sun is shining in Skeggy @:-)

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 8. May 2014, 06:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
We are at mum's house in Skeggy. The sun is shining and I've actually had a walk today. No doubt I'll be in total agony very soon but I couldn't care less. Recently I've been having to resort to Harriet my wheelchair and I'm sick of it. .
I've had some diazapam as well so I'm atad floaty lol..

:D
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Tony
    I love skeggy so I am jealous ..I know what you mean about the chariot I will walk before use it but they do have there place :roll: , am so glad the weather is good for you..we need to know which is the best chippy... when we last came the one on the corner near the clock had gone.. :( you enjoy..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Hi tony
    sun shinning in skeggy must be great there , myself and wife often
    pay a visit there.looking forward to going soon now its getting warmer
    enjoy.
    mike26
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Skeggy is a lovely place. Glad the sun is shining for you and you enjoyed your walk. Hope payback isn't too bad.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Hi Tony, Glad your happy a great time in Skeggy, hope you don't get to bad a payback for walking, hope the diazapam does it's magic!! :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Have fun :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Tony and Janet
    you enjoy your holiday we have never been there we've been to blackpool.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    Thanks everyone. Payback has been horrid :sniff: but it's my own fault. Lol

I didn't go anywhere yesterday. Mind you, the weather changed andit was quite chilly. .

Barbara, on the main road from town to butlins there is a chippy called salts. That has always been quite good. We went past the clock tower the other day but I wasn't really paying attention so dint notice if the chippy was there or not hun.
    A good cafe to visit is la dolce vita, it's on the back road that wilkos and kfc are on. Two doors up from kfc. If it's a blonde lady serving tell her Tony and Janet from Leeds told you to go.. :smile: food is good and prices too..
    Our neighbours Liz and Eric are coming over today. I asked them to bring my knee supports cos I'd forgotten them :oops: lol
    Joan, Skegness is the best seaside town in the UK.
    We love it here and it's lovely and flat. You can keep your dreadful Blackpool lol. . :wink: I'm sure that you would really like it here. The beaches are really nice.
    Mike, you need to get back here, a break does everyone good.
    Thanks Sticky, Rose and Bubba.

Is meant to be another lovely day weather wise. I do hope so. It'll be heaving everywhere though and I don't like people lol.
    We often go to hogsthorpe which isn't too far. It's full of antique shops. And I really enjoy looking around those. May even treat myself to summat nice n old. . (No sticky, I'm not on about you)
    :shock: lol
    x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    Thanks Tony I remember them queuing at the one near the tower so we tried it..brilliant ..I know the one you are on about my hubby will be grateful for that.. :D we adore skeggy it is so clean and sought of days gone by resorts..you enjoy and yes we will mention you and Janet at the other cafe .. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    PS..
    not hogsthorpe. . Horncastle. ..
    I always get that wrong :oops: lol
    be having a good route through the shops. Got myself a new letter opener. I'm old fashioned that way. I love using a letter opener lol.
    Plus got mum a lladro rip off thingy :lol: and an old corkscrew for Eric. Let's just say. . He likes his grape juice. :D

will be heading back to Skeggy soon. It was really busy heading into there when we set off. It might take a while to get back.

Barbara, anything you need to know about Skeggy I happy to help lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Thanks tony 4 that
    its handy to know the good fish & chippys and if you dont u soon
    find out the good uns. last time we had some there was on corner T Ramsdons not that great ! but was hungry :o
    did u have a go on the caterpult :lol: i offerd to take wife to heven
    but she declined :lol: i watched people being launched ito space and thought naa im staying down hear with me crutches :lol:
    looks like a warm easter
    take it easy.
    mike26 :o
  • barbara12
    Tony we have been through Horncastle many a time taking the kids to Butlins and GC..and noticed the antiques shops when we go on our own we will pay it a visits...have you ever been to Newark antiques fair the biggest in the country..and they have elc n scooters.. :) yip the beaches in skeggy are glorious.. :D and thanks for the info
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Tony

It's lovely to hear you having such a great time :) You thoroughly deserve it!!

Skeggy is also one of my fav places.....we took the kids to Butlins there when the kids were little and I used to visit an old chap there who had been 'on the beaches' (not Skeggy) in the war :)

Carry on having a good time and recharge those batteries of yours

love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • tjt6768
    You are all most welcome. Sorry I just replying. Mum's house is an Internet black hole. . I outside B&Q on the way out of Skeggy towards Boston in the A52.. I've missed my tinterweb :cry: lol
    Tis a really nice morning. I have high hopes for today :D

catch you all soon.

Barbara, that place sounds great. Shall have to there at some point.Mind you, we are fairly busy. . Me and Janet go to London early next month. Staying with my friend who does the lighting for Q.I. He is getting us in to watch it filmed then into the green room for a free bar and mingle with the stars lol. Then mid May we go to Stockton for the weekend. Then Spain on the 31st may floor seventeen days. We have a weekend booked in August I think. Taking my two nephews to knowsley safari park. Then it's a week in Scotland but I don't remember when that is. Lol
    busy busy busy. .
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    Good grief Tony. How do you keep up with all that travelling? Sounds great. What are you doing in Stockton? Is it Stockton-on-Tees? I live just 3 miles away.
    Christine
  • tjt6768
    Yeah hun. Stockton on tees.. staying two nights in a premiere Inn. Just because we've never been lol. .
    Going on the 16th of May. We are going with mi mum, my aunty and our friends liz and Eric.
    X

PS.. Just got home to Leeds. It is chucking it down :roll:
    we left the sun in Skeggy... I had to remove a big section from the side of Mum's Park home. It had bubbled away from the wooden frame. I re - rendered it and was wanting to re-paint it today but it rained heavy through the night and wasn't dry. :x
    Mum's neighbour said he would paint it though. I always end up with jobs to do in Skeggy lol. .
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    The eatery next door to that Premier Inn is very good. Down the road, is a big park with a museum and a walk by the river. Further down and you come to Yarm, the town where I live. The High Street is in a bit of a mess at the moment as the council decided, against our wishes, to put new street lights in, parking meters and are at the moment, digging up our 17th century cobbles from round the town hall but I think it's still worth going for a wander and a coffee. Loads of eating places and pubs. And a lovely walk round the back of the High Street by the river which loops right round the town.
    If you go in the other direction, you will come in to Stockton itself. Also in a bit of a mess as they have dug up the whole road and paths and redone them. Will probably look good when it's finished but nothing like it was originally. Middlesbrough is probably a better shopping centre.
    Christine
  • tjt6768
    That's lovely info Christine. Thank you very much indeed.
    I do hate it when they mess with history. .
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    Good for you Tony booking all these trip ..its always good to have something to look forward to..don't let it win I say...the London trip sounds interesting...and the Stockton is on my Birthday May16th so I am joining you all.... :D you enjoy.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    I've arranged for the ac bus to follow us on our jaunts. :D

my friend is going to get us into three separate lots of Q.I filming. . Woohoo. . I'm really looking forward to it. Love that show.
    And it's going to be great to see my pal Nick too..
    We are meeting some other friends that live in Harrow on Sunday.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • applerose
    I like QI too. Stephen Fry is so interesting. And you're getting in to the filming. Sounds like fun.
    Christine
  • tjt6768
    He's a national treasure and I intend on getting a hug. Lol
    Hope they have some good guests on.

Thanks Christine
    x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Hi folks.
    We are now in St Albans staying with my friend Nick. We've had a lovely day so far. Been to the park and also the oldest pub in Britain.
    The sun has been shining all day and all is good. I'm suffering a fair bit from walking around as I didn't bring harriot my chariot with me. I did strap both knees up well and took it very slow.
    I have just changed my pain patch so hoping that kicks in soon.

Tomorrow we go to the filming of the first of three filming sessions of QI we are going to with Nick as he does the lighting for the show. We are going into the green room afterwards too..
    guests include Jeremy Clarkson, Sandy Toksvig, Bill Bailey and Jimmy Carr.. So I'm really looking forward to meeting them. I also really enjoy watching Stephen Fry so am looking forward to meeting him too. He's apparently a really lovely bloke.
    I will let you know how it goes.
    Hope everyone is alright. .
    I'll post a photo of me holding the sword that Nick was given as an award for a show he did years ago. It is a fully weighted real sword. Fully engraved. .
    I love it and it will be mine once Nick moves to Australia in the next couple of years. . Woohoo. .
    Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    20140504_183222-1.jpg
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Wow! Talk about Excalibur! Have you got a stone to keep it in? :lol:

That sounds like a good QI line up to meet Tony. I'm sure you'll have fun.
    I'd love to meet Bill Bailey, I've been to see him a couple of times, he's brilliant.
    Numpty
  • tjt6768
    Lol.
    I was looking forward to having mi photo taken with Nick's BAFTA but he's given it to a company he works with to be put on display. He was using it as a doorstep :shock: :lol:

I really like Mr Bailey too numpts.. I'm so pleased about the line up.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP