Good visit to school

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 22. May 2014, 10:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Visit went very well today and although I think there may be some payback, especially with no NSAIDS it was the tonic I needed.
Got greated by another teacher with "You're back, we've missed you." Though I did have to put him right and all the staff I saw gave me a lovely welcome, as did the pupils I saw, one class of year 4 pupils all started clapping as soon as they saw me which was wonderful!
Meeting with head went very well and he was very supportive, especially when you bear in mind that while its never good to have a senior member of staff off on long term sick leave, when the school is going through an almagamation it's really bad timing.
He was happy to make a new referral to HR, and I have the number to call to arrange an OT assessment ( covered by the school's sickness insurance). He thought it was a good idea to put off ordering my new office desk (there has been some changes of offices since I have been off) until after this in case they have any suggestions and when I explained about Access to work funding for anything I need so it didn't need to come out of the school's budget, told me not to worry about it as he was happy to pay for snything I needed.
He also suggested that I return for the last couple of days of the summer term on the basis that I won't need to do any work, but will be there for end of year parties and assemblies.

On a less serious note he also said I could make a fortune done the local market selling my meds!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Slosh, how lovely to be greeted like that and the children clapping :D ..must have been a real boost for you ..its a good idea to go at the end of term and ease yourself in..but even better the parties :lol: ...hopefully the desk will be there soon ...good luck with it all...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    At last some good news! How lovely! I'm so pleased for you, Slosh. I hope the alterations will make a big difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So pleased it went well for you Slosh, and what a supportive Head you've got.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Thanks. It was well timed. Unfortunately the sickness insurance doesn't include OT advice, but once I have my OH date I know all I need to do to get some suggestions is to post on here!

I love the honesty of children. One girl asked me why I was using a stick, I explained I had a weak leg and it was to help me walk. She replied "that's sad Miss" to which I agreed and then she added "but your stick is really pretty".

Feels really good to have a return to work date, even if it is only for 2 days.

You're right, I am lucky in my head, I know the head of my last school would not have been nearly so supportive.

I am missing the Naproxen though.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich