MRI tomorrow and Ultrasound next week pocket duties please

barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
edited 29. May 2014, 10:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have my MRI tomorrow on my spine sacro joint and neck..its come from the rheumy I saw he was so thorough and I am hoping to get some answers, the ultrasound will be on my hands wrist and feet, he says my wrist's are swollen I am not so sure, but they are painful, I was suppose to have an op on my thumb but that has calmed down since the injections ..still not got the confidence to have this other THR but I will soon..you are all welcome and there will be a pub meal in it for you... :D I have had 2 MRIs and pushed the buzzer once...so we shall see... fun and games... :lol:
Love
Barbara

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll be there, Barbara. Hope it all goes well.

I'll have chicken and chips, please :D

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Barbara, I shall be thinking of you very much and sending very positive vibes your way.

I don't think I'm yet sufficiently recovered to cope with another pub lunch with this lot. You're a brave woman :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You can pop me in your pocket for both. Hope all goes well, I've had two MRIs so know what it's like, mind you the first time I nearly got the giggles, I had been told to try nit to swallow and if I did to swallow slowly(?) and that plus the image of what I must have looked like with my head and shoulders strapped down, (it was for my neck), nearly set me off!
    Will keep my fingers crossed, just off to GP myself tomorrow.
    Scampi and chips for me please
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Well I would love to come Barbara,I have not had an M R I , so I do think you are pretty brave,but had many a pub lunch and you cant have to many ,Steak and ale pie just yum :):) Marriannex
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I'll be there too, Barbara, I can't do the pub party though. Best wishes, I hope it goes really well. xxx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Count me in Barbara, what a brave girl you are with us lot in your pocket, I promise we will try and behave but I can't guarantee the behaviour in the pub afterwards :roll: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    You lovely lots are brilliant...I said we were having a pub lunch didn't say put your orders in...mind you scampi sounds good :lol:
    Now I only want the well behaved, unlike when we went with mig...apparently its a new machine with mirrors then you can see what is going on :o .. so I should be ok... :? see you all tomorrow 11.50 xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello Barbara
    good luck for tomorrow i will be there for both i have had 2 MRI's
    ((((((((Barbara ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Barbara
    Like I said to you earlier.....I'll be there
    They are awful things....MRI's
    Try and stick it out otherwise you'll have to do it over again :shock:
    That's what I lay there telling myself :lol: Don't press that buzzer or you'll have to come back again.
    The thought of doing it over again made me stick it out {3 times I've had them}
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Thankyou Joan and Hileena
    I promise to be good and not press the buzzer..its my only phobia .. :roll: but others do it, and I did twice..so.fingers crossed I will be in and out..not literally but you know what I mean.. :lol: don't forget we are off to the pub after.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    I'll be with you Barbara, I hope all goes well, I'm sure it will :D
    I'll also come to the pub afterwards, but my mum says I'm not allowed to sit next to Villier, as we always get into trouble when we're together :oops:
    Numpty
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    I'll be tagging along :D That'll be me, interrogating the staff about whether the cheese on their jacket potatoes is definitely suitable for vegetarians and are they sure and would they just check please, & generally getting on their wicks. :D

See you there. :)
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Hi BArbara ,I hope you managed a good sleep and your not to nervous,You will be fine I am sure ,We are all with you and looking forward to the pub lunch afterwards hugs MArrianne :) xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Count me in, Barbara, they are not pleasant things to undergo. I will be well-behaved after, rowdy behaviour is currently is beyond me. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Hi Barbara, I too will be with you today and next week. Hope all goes well and you don't grab the buzzer by mistake as I am sure I would. Good luck.

Susie
  • stickywicket
    Mirrors :o You are sure this is an MRI scan, aren't you Barbara? It's not another of your B&Q jobs? Check the credentials of the operators and don't strip off for anyone :lol:
    but my mum says I'm not allowed to sit next to Villier, as we always get into trouble when we're together :oops:

Numpty, I'd heard you get into trouble whoever you're with :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Diving in your pocket last minute! I love making an entrance!! Hope it goes o.k and the MRI might show something. As for Ultrasound If it's beginning of the week that's fine but if it's Thursday onwards will have to get a virtual aeroplane back from Crete!! Hope it goes ok next week as well.
  • barbara12
    Aww thankyou all of you ..I am all done and dusted and SW I didn't get the one with mirrors... :lol: I walked in and thought this is no different from the last one..she said oh we do have a new one but it is mostly used for internal organs ...anyhow I didn't have to strip because I had no metal on me only my new hip..
    35 mins it was I was very good,and didn't press the buzzer must be getting used.. :lol: and could hear you lot saying don't you dare... :shock: love to all of you xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Brave girl - well done, I am impressed! Rest up now before things start to protest too much, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad it was ok and hope you get the results soon. Now have a good rest.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Mirrors :o You are sure this is an MRI scan, aren't you Barbara? It's not another of your B&Q jobs? Check the credentials of the operators and don't strip off for anyone :lol:
    but my mum says I'm not allowed to sit next to Villier, as we always get into trouble when we're together :oops:

Numpty, I'd heard you get into trouble whoever you're with :wink:

Thanks Sticky what's that Numpty like pot and kettle come to mind :lol:

Well done Barbara, I knew you could do it, I think you are right the more you have the easier it is.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Thanks everyone...just have to wait for the ultrasound on my hands next week then see the rheumy...Marie what have you been up to...hope its nothing I wouldn't do.. :o xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Is there anything you wouldn't do, Barbara :lol: Hey, I'm so pleased it went well. Good for you!

Villier - don't get too cocky. I didn't say you were any better :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Pleased it went well, Barbara.

Meg
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Pleased you managed to not press the buzzer. I've never been given one when I've had an MRI. After that your ultrasound will be a doddle. May x