IMPATIENCE!!!!!!!! {Fracture}

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 29. May 2014, 12:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
I'm on and off line these days.....still feeling a bit "yucky"
Remember the THR?.....that was 17 weeks ago, then the fracture 4 weeks into recovery {13 weeks ago} :?
Well I'm still on 2 crutches :shock: One crutch around the house or sometimes none around the house but for WALK read WADDLE {like a duck} Outside it must be 2 crutches.
I don't seem to be getting any further forward except that I can now drive which is a bit of freedom :)
OA and Scoliosis I can manage them.....OK I do things differently from others but I do them and I am quite "glass half full" person as far as that is concerned.
This!!!!!!!! I think its because its not chronic {or shouldn't be} that I'm not managing it :? I keep expecting to see results and I don't :roll:
Right ...sorry about all this but it has really been getting me down....I know others are much worse......but it does feel much better to get it off my chest
Thanks you lovely lot.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Hileena,we do talk by PM...and I know how much you are struggling..and I know you are a glass half full person and always volunteering for this and that...I am so glad you have put this thread on then at the very least we can offer dome support, I just wish I could help with your pain ...never mind others are worse off, your pain is yours..if you know what I mean..(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sarah01
    Sarah01 Member Posts: 192
    Hi Hileena,

Like Barbara we talk on PM and I know it's been so hard for you dealing with the THR then the fracture. You've had such a tough time with it and to be honest I am in awe at what you've achieved with getting out and about and the voluntary work you do. Always remember that I along with other members are here for you, whenever you need us :)

I'm just doing spaghetti bolognese for the boys tea so will PM you when I'm done :)

Take care
    Sarah x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I realise that this cannot be easy for you - and thus also frustrating. The fracture was not your fault (you were dong what you'd been told) but it's delayed everything by far too much and for far too long, yes?

I have no experience of joint replacement surgery (and probably never will) but I do understand the desire to be healed whilst our blasted bodies deny us. It is IRKSOME to say the least (not shouting, just making a point). I am peeved on your behalf. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi,
    Barbara, Sarah and DD
    Thanks Barbara, I'm going out now so will answer your pm when I get back.

Thanks Sarah....same as Barbara I'll answer your pm when I get back

DD.
    I know you aren't shouting :wink: Like I said.....its because this SHOULD heal that is making it such a problem......I know my OA and Scoliosis is degenerative so I can accept that and manage it [most of the time :wink: ]
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You'll get there, Hileena, just not as quickly as you'd like. Keep doing as the physio says. Yes, it's annoying but you'll get there in the end.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Positive thoughts Hileena. I now consider how lucky I was with my THR. You will get there its just taking longer than you'd hoped but get there you will. At least you can drive so a bit of freedom yes?
    May xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Sending you positive vibes, Hileena and hope that things soon improve for you.

Meg
  • hileena111
    Hi Sticky, May and Meg
    Thanks for the support. Sticky you know what impatience is dont you :wink: Where I'll get to in the end I don't know :?
    I'm waddling like a duck around the house without a crutch and have been told I'll be left with a "dip" but hopefully it wont be as bad as this when it gets stronger.
    May.....thanks for replying....you have so much on your plate anyway I didn't expect a reply. As you say.....driving.....a little bit of freedom {not going very far but as far as I need to} I have to get Peter to take it to the garage to fill it up :o
    Can you imagine me at the pumps, with 2 crutches, taking the cap off, getting the petrol nozzle out and filling up :lol: I cant....not yet anyway :wink:
    Thanks for the Vibes Meg

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I remember feeling as you are now with my shoulder. It healed in the end but it seemed to take an age to get there. :( You are doing all the right things my lovely, so keep up the good work - it will heal. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena ..you know I hope things will improve very soon for you..this has gone on long enough..thinking about you ((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Oh I do know what impatience is, Hileena. Just ask Mr SW :lol: It's usually a case of Do As I Say Not As I Do with me :wink: It's so much easier to see the broader picture for someone else :oops:
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Thanks DD, Barbara and Sticky
    I know DD.....It will heal even if I'm left with a dip :? but not as quickly as I would like...nearly 14 weeks now :o
    Barbara...yes I know what you think...thanks pet.
    Sticky....Oh I can relate to that...Do as I say not as I do :lol:
    I remember suggesting that someone should pace themselves {a long time ago} I got 3 pm's {One of them from Toni :wink: }
    Basically saying {in a nice way} You should practice what you preach :lol: They know I'm useless at pacing myself :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello Hileena
    i have a bone in my groin that fracture's if i move it a certain way.
    i have had it 6 years now it the doctor said it's because i have oa op
    and c palsy i have one leg shorter than the other.
    take care it will get better.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    Quite seriously (Yes, I can do it if I make an effort :lol: ) I wonder if it would help if you set yourself VERY small targets to achieve, say, each week. I do mean small as aiming too high would only cause further setbacks but, if you could tick off something new each week that you'd achieved, maybe you'd be more aware of the progress made and less aware of how slow it appeared.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi Joan and Sticky
    That must be awful Joan. :(
    I'm waiting for the results of my DEXA but everyone is pretty certain I have OP as well. :(
    At least that will be another chronic one and I'll manage that the same as the OA and scoliosis :lol:
    Sticky.
    I go to a chronic pain management course once a month. It came from the pain clinic.....its good. I know arthritis care do Challenging arthritis etc but they are set courses and they have only a certain length of time to run......Challenging A is a 6 week course and they have to fit in everything in that length of time. So their hands are tied. Phil's courses just go on and on. Sometimes he'll come in with and idea of what to talk about then he hears some of us discussing a problem over coffee so he changes his topic to that. :wink:
    Anyway I was there today and he was going talking about stress, anger etc that came with chronic pain. I mentioned frustration and at the end of the group he said to me. Your homework for next month :lol: Start with the first time you came to this group after your fracture.....you were using a mobility scooter, and work form there bit by bit writing down every little improvement. I can see improvements but you cant so think and write them down. I know its not goal setting its working backwards but that and your goal setting might help...Thanks
    Love
    Hileena