Flexiseq

Settler
Settler Member Posts: 51
edited 23. Jun 2014, 03:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone else tried this, it's expensive and I think it needs to be tried over a long period to see if the flare ups reduce, I started using it during a flared up and it has subsided, but whether that was going to happen or not , who know but I think ill persevere , it's expensive, but worth it if it helps
Shirley

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Shirley

If you type in Flexiseq in the Search button you will find two pages of postings from others that have tried this and their views on it.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :? I don't think so, Elna. I've tried it three times now and got a load of irrelevant stuff. I find the search engine not very good.

Settler, several people have tried it but I can't think of one who continued with it. I think the consensus was that it was an expensive way of not feeling much difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You name it, it's been tried and found wanting. Flexiseq, capsaicin cream, oral supplements such as cod liver oil, glucosamine, red krill et al - if it's not prescribed then it probably won't do much to help but you won't know until you try over a couple of months - days won't be enough. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Kentishlady felt that Flexiseq helped her with her knee problems.

Sticky, I do not use the "search for" icon but the Search button lower down and that is where I found Kentishlady's posting along with other members view.

I find the search button can be quite useful for seeing past postings quickly on a particular subject.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hey, you're right :D Thanks for that, Elna. I've never used that button :oops:

I remember kentishlady did feel it might be helping at first but, on 12th April, she wrote I tried it but found it didn't have much effect on me. It is expensive too. Have tried lots of others and have found the only one that gives me slight relief is Pernaton which I buy online from Am...n. That might be worth trying. Hope it helps. Beryl.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    http://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42226&hilit=Flexiseq

normaly if something sounds to good to be true then it probably is , you can get gels on prescription from your GP like Voltarol or from a chemist cheaper than flexiseq ,
  • Settler
    Tried it for 3 days, had to take extra painkillers so stopped it, pain reduced
    Shirley
  • dreamdaisy
    I found your post rather confusing - are you saying that it initially made things worse but now things are easier? DD
  • Settler
    No, I used it for 3 days, and had to stop, the pain was awful, much improved now I'm not using it, well I mean back to normal as pain goes
    Shirley
  • dreamdaisy
    Hmmm, that's odd. Maybe the rubbing in aggravated matters? It could be that your use of it coincided with a burst of OA activity so don't write it off just yet, it's too expensive to waste. DD