Vodka, wine and codeine don't go well together - who knew?!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 26. Jul 2014, 04:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Ooops! And as if that wasn't foolish enough, I ate chocolate cake and pizza. Oh and then drank a massive milkshake. Due to my stomach condition, I can't tolerate high fats and dairy is a particular no-no. Fortunately, I managed to avoid spewing until I was safely in my own home.

I deserve no sympathy but I had a cracking night. It was the after party of our final AmDram play, so I wanted to enjoy myself a bit. Although, in hindsight, perhaps I will be more refrained next time.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear :shock:
    hope you're not suffering too much this morning lol
    x
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    SOPHIE! :shock: :lol: To be old and wise first one should be young and foolish - you certainly were! :wink: I'm glad you had a fab night and I don't blame you for overdoing it. Take it a little easier next time, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Sophie this is what young people do ..glad you enjoyed and it wasn't wasted ...and I hope you are not suffering to much... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

A good night, then? Sophie, you are brilliant. You cope so well and sensibly with all the really tough stuff. Now, just to prove you're a rounded character, you do the full youthful celebration thing too. I love it :D

(I confess, I was feeling a bit queasy myself after reading of all you ingested :mrgreen: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Hi Sophie. Hope things are good with you today
    :wink::D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I got very queasy reading your list. At least if you were going to make yourself sick, you consumed a variety. I couldn't think of anything to add.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
  • Starburst
    I slept like a log, woke up with a headache and then went back to bed. I'm in surprisingly good spirits. The sleep was wonderful!

I don't do things by halves. :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Glad that you are ok... just don't go drinking those 'high spirits' :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Starburst wrote:
    I'm in surprisingly good spirits.

Not more vodka, I hope :wink:

Glad all is well :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Starburst wrote:
    I don't do things by halves

Sophie your certainly don't hope your not feeling too bad after that lot and glad you enjoyed yourself. :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Maybe next time leave out the vodka? I'm pleased you had a good time Sophie, it makes it all worthwhile :wink:
    Take care
    Numpty
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Sometimes you just have to do these things and to hell with tomorrow. In glad you had fun even if it came at a bit of a price! I find if it was fun enough I can usually cope with the payment bit after. You'll be working soon enough and get into the not on a school night routine so go forth and spew while you can :)
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Having required the best part of 24 hours to recover, I have deduced that this is one of those one-off experiences not to be repeated too often.

I shall be kind to my body all weekend as I relax in a spa hotel; a whole body massage, whirlpool baths in our suite, afternoon tea, champagne (one glass only!), manicure, Jacuzzi time, relaxing in the sun in the gardens and more should do the trick. It's a luurious and very genersous treat from a very special friend to celebrate my graduation and the job that starts on Monday. On that note, please forgive me if I'm quiet for a while as I settle in to my new version of normal.
  • tjt6768
    You are forgiven in advance :lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Sophie I had to smile when I read your list :)

I am so glad the payback was so totally worth it :)

Good luck with your job I will be thinking of you and remembering my first job in the same profession. Takes a while to stop feeling like a student ;)

love and ((()))

Toni xxx