I made a mess

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 29. Jul 2014, 02:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was putting drinks in the fridge holding too many trying to be quick as we have a door alarm because of the humira ,(don't want it leaving open ,oh is very forgetful after his stroke)dropped a can of urn bru it splint open and spun round spraying the kitchen,i used every word we are not allowed to use on here ,we now have a clean kitchen and appliances,thank god its only a small one.What was he doing ? gossiping with a neighbour.Kitchen cleaning is usually spread out over a few days now what am i going to do tomorrow ? absolutely nothing. 8) Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mig, that was a sticky kitchen wash and no mistake. :( I expect the language was colourful :wink: and it's always easy to be wise after the event. More haste less speed is always true, I now try to stop myself from taking short cuts because they always seem to lead to more work. :? Take it easy today, you deserve the rest. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh not a sugary, fizzy drink :o They're the worst. You keep sticking to the floor long after you think you've cleaned it - for the third time :roll:

Mr SW is hopeless at door closing, including the fridge one. I could do with a little message that plays after it's been open for more than 1/2 minute or so. This summer's been a nightmare. And guess who has to keep defrosting the frozen food compartment?

Would it be worth getting a small one just for the humira? I'm sure I'd have to if I were on injected meds.

As for what to do for the rest of the week? (SW looks at her kitchen......and wonders :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Ohhh Mig! Not Iron Bru!! Orange and sticky!! We have all dropped things due to Arther but I have to say I haven't dropped a can of pop yet!! I have dropped a plastic bottle of Cherry Cola but luckily no redecorating kitchen!! I do have 4 cans of Monster a week which I treat myself to one every other day. (I'm seriously addicted to Monster energy drink!!) And I keep my fingers and toes crossed I never drop one!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh no there is nothing worse than sticky pop..yes rest time tomorrow, and men don't gossip say my OH they talk... :roll: what twaddle... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    We have some ironing if you are stuck for summat to do Mig :? :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Ahhh, that's sounds like a terrible mess to clean....Rest up! xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    When this kind of thing happens in my house (regularly) I fantasise about a steam mop. Hope you have got those feet up and are doing nothing
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Was it you, mig? Have you secretly been in our kitchen?

I ask because this afternoon Mr SW came home with a bottle of Schloer (He's decided to go on the wagon for a month but that sounds like a horrible wagon to me) and it promptly ended up in bits and drips on the kitchen floor. He's mopped and cleaned but it still feels tacky. I think beer is safer :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hope you are ok after your ordeal mig , it has to be one of the stickiest sugeriest drinks around. When I worked in catering we used to use syrup for soft drinks which was dispensed through a machine with carbonated water. We had a wedding on and I went into the cellar to change a keg to be met by a sea of syrup :o a bag of coke syrup had burst :shock: I think it took us a month to get the stickiness off the floor and corridor. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I have a steam mop for the kitchen and bathroom floors - it was half-price (£25) in the January sales, it's made for the orange supermarket chain. I wouldn't be without it, it makes a tricky job a work of moments. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben