Judge Rinder

rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 3. Sep 2014, 07:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
If you haven't caught this on ITV 2pm daily you are missing a gem. With more venom and wit than Judge Judy it's a must.
Very camp, he's said to have married his boyfriend in Ibiza last year.
I've laughed and laughed at his sayings and antics. Though it's not really a comedy it is a real small claims court and he's a real judge.
Watch it, it's great television.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I watched it the other day Ron for the first, there was a women claiming money from her ex partner, she kept interrupting, his comment to her was three strikes and your out, result her gob was shut :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • rondetto
    Yep, great stuff.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Ron he has some brilliant one liners..I came across it flicking through the channels ..he really is worth watching... :D:lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Hi Babs, I much prefer him to Judge Judy, as you say he comes out with some funny sayings and can be very scathing and very witty.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I came across it the other day and have a feeling it's going to become a secret, guilty pleasure. Liked the three strikes and your out comment, I saw that episode, must remember it for school when trying to sort out pupik disputes. He does have some great one liners.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I've seen clips and so far much prefer Judge Judy.
    I hope he's not too busy thinking up funny things to say to listen to the facts. After all this is peoples hard earned money.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Absolute rubbish as is judge judy. Mig
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    Love it he is on at the minute ..very camp indeed his hair is a strange colour and it looks drawn on does anyone else think this ? :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    JJ and Judge R? They're neither entertainment or educational. I agree with Mig, these programmes are rubbish. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    I love it, it's different and though serious can be very funny too.
  • TeaBag
    rondetto wrote:
    I love it, it's different and though serious can be very funny too.
    Yes livens my day up sometimes we need to watch something that isn't too serious :P
  • rondetto
    I certainly agree with that, I think it helps to have a wicked sense of humour too. Me all over. :lol:
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Enabling the public to see the workings of the law is a good thing but I do have my doubts about turning the camera on someone like this. Playing to the court is one thing( and courtrooms can certainly bear more than a passing resemblance to a theatrical production at times), but playing to a national TV audience is quite another if one is supposed to be interpreting and administering legal matters and makes me uneasy. But that's just my feeling and I can choose not to watch - I'm certainly not going to critcise those who do.
  • tkachev
    daffy2 wrote:
    Enabling the public to see the workings of the law is a good thing but I do have my doubts about turning the camera on someone like this. Playing to the court is one thing( and courtrooms can certainly bear more than a passing resemblance to a theatrical production at times), but playing to a national TV audience is quite another if one is supposed to be interpreting and administering legal matters and makes me uneasy. But that's just my feeling and I can choose not to watch - I'm certainly not going to critcise those who do.

Very well said Daffy.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • TeaBag
    Just read somewhere that the people are paid to appear and he isnt a judge he is a Barrister all very Jerry Springer like lol :lol:
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I find it difficult to believe it is serious. I have had a good giggle at some of the things he says and the faces of the claimants. "When I'm talking, you're not." "I can smell a lie like a fart in a lift." :lol:
    Christine
  • TeaBag
    applerose wrote:
    I find it difficult to believe it is serious. I have had a good giggle at some of the things he says and the faces of the claimants. "When I'm talking, you're not." "I can smell a lie like a fart in a lift." :lol:
    :lol::lol:
  • FelicityD
    FelicityD Bots Posts: 39
    Haven't had the pleasure of Judge Rinder yet. He sounds hilarious. Though Judy Judy is one of my guilty pleasures. It never fails to amaze me the kind of people who are willing to allow their cases to be shown to a worldwide audience. Most of them really need some sense knocked into them! Must have a look out for J.R.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    I've never watched it and hadn't heard of it. I'd heard of Judge Judy (I think) but with no idea of what it was about. I can only judge by what you have all said.

Rondetto - it is a real small claims court and he's a real judge.

Tchakev - I hope he's not too busy thinking up funny things to say to listen to the facts. After all this is peoples hard earned money.

Teabag - sometimes we need to watch something that isn't too serious

daffy2 - Playing to the court is one thing......but playing to a national TV audience is quite another if one is supposed to be interpreting and administering legal matters

Teabag - the people are paid to appear and he isnt a judge he is a Barrister.

:o :shock:
    I find the whole concept of dismantling the boundaries between reality and fantasy somewhat disturbing if real people's lives and futures are at stake and those real people are being verbally humiliated purely for entertainment. What next? Who Wants to Be a Recipient of PIP? The National Lottery : In It to Win a Blue Badge? The Weakest DLA Claim? Where do we stop?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • rondetto
    I detest reality shows with a real venom. But this is a real small claims court and the cases are real. I think in the near future we will see more and more live court cases on television just like the oscar Pistorius trial in South Africa.
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    He is ok but much to kind Judge Judy is much crueller :lol: I had forgotten all about Oscar Pistorious ,sure he is guilty its a very strange case Marrianne xx
  • tkachev
    I like Judge Judy although she is now starting to play to the camera a little bit too much for my liking. It is amazing how many people think they can borrow money and never pay it back.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • rondetto
    I agree Elizabeth. I used to watch Judge Judy every day, but like you I find her playing and acting now. Too much of the same thing. Maybe the same will happen with Judge Rinder but for now I find it funny and refreshing.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    OMG, yes I came across him by accident while in bed poorly, he was so funny. I think he might be my new guilty pleasure as all the episodes are on catch up on ITV player!!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I watched an episode of Judge Judy in the early hours of this morning. First time I have seen it. Very similar to Judge Rinder so he obviously copied but I do have a giggle at him. Much prefer Rinder to Judy.
    Christine