Yorkshire CCC are champions!

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 14. Sep 2014, 07:25 in Community Chit-chat archive
And my brother and I are happy bunnies :D No doubt the Southern California Cricket Association will shortly be sick of hearing about it from No. 1 son, No. 2 son will manage to incorporate it into his sermon this Sunday and my elder grandson will attribute their success entirely to Joe Root.

Yippeeee :D:D:D (And well done Ryan Sidebottom, aka Sid, who took a 6-fer.)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    As a Lancashire C.C.C. supporter, I offer true congratulations, ( said with a bit of sarcasm ), and well done.
    Meanwhile down at Hove, the Red Rose struggle against relegation. It could be a long Winter for me. Alanthemanc
  • stickywicket
    Oh Alan, I don't merely sympathise, I empathise. It's a bitter pill.

However, I promise you all my positive cricketing vibes will now be at the disposal of the Red Rose for the rest of the season. I always maintain that southerners just don't get the Roses thing. It might be Yorks v Lancs but it's also both of us v the rest :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Congrats to Yorkshire CCC - from a Durham CCC supporter.
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    I once played against Sobers in 1972 when he Pro'd at Littleboro. He didn't get me out, I faced about 5 overs from him, but he did smash our side all over the park. Then Arthritis started when I was 16, and that was the end of my short Cricket career. Alanthemanc
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You really are a happy bunny SW...many congratulations to them... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Oh Alan, that must have been devastating news to a promising 16 yr old :shock: When I was diagnosed, aged 15, the only thing that meant a lot to me that I had to let go of pretty quickly was playing the piano and I guess the neighbours would have regarded that as a blessing in disguise :oops:

What a triumph to stick out five Sobers overs! Well done you :D:D:D

My son, in L.A. has, in friendlies, got the wickets of Steve Waugh (caught on the boundary, alas), Kieron Pollard (clean bowled) and - almost - Virendar Sehwag (two fielders collided :roll: ). It's a funny old game.

Theresak and Barbara – thank you. I shall take full credit despite having contributed nothing whatsoever :lol: Better luck to Durham next season.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Congratulations from our neck of the woods too, it's a game I have never understood (Mr DD adores it) but I am aware that although other cricket clubs exist the best is Yorkshire. Apparently.

Alan? Strewth mate, you kept that light well-hidden your bushel, my jaw literally dropped as I read your post about facing that famous cricketer, Sir Garfield Sobers is a name I remember from my childhood. Have you ever read Slipless in Settle? A friend sent a copy to my husband for his birthday and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it - it's a wonderfully comic account of northern cricket. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Cricket ! Was there a cricket match ? :? :? 8) Mig
  • stickywicket
    Yup. Fifteen, actually, but the key one, yesterday, was where they beat the Robin Hood's County lot :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Bah humbug . Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Oh Mig......I do so agree with you comment {short but what I think as well} :lol::lol:

Love

Hileena
  • stickywicket
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

Such sacrilege.

And on a Sunday, too :o
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Dreadful isn't it :lol:
    Love
    Hileena