Is it me or am I just getting old?

bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 23. Sep 2014, 06:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
My neighbor has a teenage daughter around 17yrs old. Whenever I see her she is always in her pajamas, pajamas & housecoat or onesie! I mean alday not just in the morning I mean lunchtime and evening as well! This morning at 10am her boyfriend came and picked her up she was in a onesie and slipper boots climbed in his car disappeared and then 15 minutes later came back with a Macdonalds breakfast and went back in the house. Her friends turn up in onesies at the weekend and I assume she's having a sleepover! Is it me or is it the fashion at the moment?

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Going out in pyjamas/onesies seems to be somewhat fashionable at present - who knows why? I`ve read of parents turning up to school in jamas, to drop their children off!

I haven`t actually come across anyone dressed like this in person, but we have a post-box opposite our house, and as I was putting clothes into our wardrobe a few weeks ago I watched a teenager walk down the street in her jamas to post a letter.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Standards have dropped haven't they?

The only time any of us leaves the house in PJs is when I have taken Lucy to the hospital in hers when she's ill and it's an emergency.

I heard on the radio that one As*a in the country banned people going into the store in nightwear! and one school requesting parents don't drop their kids off to school in theirs, (not the kids the parents!) :shock: Imagine them needing to?

Ah well.......

love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    You'd never catch me outside in pyjamas! Although I drew the line when next door's house caught fire!

My 10 year old loves her onesie's and wears them whenever she can but always at home. I do think its a fashion fad for teens at the moment.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Confession time.
    I have twice gone to work in my jim-jams. Once was at school on a world book day, the other was in my younger, and much slimmer days when I had a part time job in a disco and I went to work in what used to be called a baby doll nightie (it was naughty nightie night) and won the staff competition.
    I will add that on both occasions I had underwear on underneath my nightwear!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I'm with Toni standards have dropped..young girls used to look so feminine..Im going back to the 50s and 60s.. ...and young men used to be so smart..suppose I am getting old but standards are slipping or gone all together..cant believe the young girl got in her boyfriends acre in the onesie that she had slept in.. :o we saw a young man and girl both in theirs holding hands in the pub..I had to laugh they both had tails.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hahaha! Slosh :wink:

You have an interesting past :D At least you wore undies and well-done for winning the staff prize!

Barbara, something you wore all night isn't going to be too fresh is it? :?

I like the 'tails' story though. Kinda cute, but I must say my 'pet' hate has to be male persons in them....Eeeeuuuwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personal opinion only of course :shock:

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I don't mind what people wear, indoors or out - onesies, PJs, nighties - as long as they're clean on and not something they've slept in all night. The word 'self-respect' comes to mind.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I wish it were just a teen thing, I've seen a few people around here wearing their PJs in the street. Not something I would ever choose to do. That said, I am not sure why other than my nightwear feeling private - then again, that thing about lads with their jeans pulled down so you can see their pants - another no no for me. I just want to hoike them up rather than take a look.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter