Hello - and thanks.

Options
bee1
bee1 Member Posts: 4
edited 27. Oct 2014, 13:33 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone

I've been lurking here for some months and thought it was time I said Hello.

I was diagnosed in July with sero-neg RA and I'm taking Methotrexate, Folic Acid and Prednisolone. When I first saw my GP in May I had swollen and sore knuckles on one hand; by the time I saw the consultant in August nearly everything was painful and most joints were swollen (soles of my feet, toes, ankles, knees, fingers, thumbs, wrists, shoulders, and jaw!). The meds have calmed everything down and I'm not feeling too bad at the moment.

As I said, I've been lurking for a few months and in a way I feel like I sort of know a lot of you now, and you've been a wonderful source of information and inspiration, so THANK YOU. I haven't felt so alone on my journey knowing that so many others are going through the same thing. I hope, as I get to know more about RA, that I'll be able to help a few others too.

All the best,

Bea

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello back, it's lovely to meet you at long last. :) I have spotted your name every now and again and I am pleased that we have been able to help with information: now we can do more and offer support whenever you need it. You may have come across the phrase 'pocket duties' - these are for those who have to go alone to appointments, we come too but tucked in your pockets, then you know you are not alone.

I have a sero-negative type, psoriatic arthritis, and that over the years has led to osteo in some very useful joints. De nada, I manage and that's what it's all about. I hope to see you posting here and there very soon: I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello Bea and welcome from me too :) I have RA (with added extras :roll: ) and take meth and hydroxychloroquine mainly. I'm glad we've been of use to you and I hope that will continue. DD and I are old hands (and knees and hips and feet etc etc :lol: ) at this but all that is really required on the forum is empathy. A kind word goes a long way. I hope you'll join in on other threads anywhere and enjoy being here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Bea welcome from me it is nice to meet you. It is OA I have and just recently been diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica(inflammatory arthritis that affects muscles). I am afraid I can't help with the RA but can help with the support, I am glad you have been able to gain information by reading the threads, as DD said shout out if you need pocket duties, although you may live to regret it with this lot :lol: Hope to see you around soon.....................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bee1
    Options
    Thank you for such a warm welcome. :D

Thanks also for explaining pocket duties to me - I was a little unsure, but I'm happy to go along with anyone that needs me.

I'm looking forward to joining in other threads too and hopefully helping others in some small way.

And I love it that you all have a great sense if humour. Just what the doctor ordered. :lol:

Bea x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Right. Intros over. Come on in, Bea and make yourself at home :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bee1
    Options
    Brilliant SW - I'll just pull up a chair... 8)