I've just been sensible

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 31. Oct 2014, 06:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is a rare victory for me. My boss was due to come to my house to do some work on a job that is mine but that we need to collaborate on. He called to say he has the tail end of a cold and if that was a problem he wouldn't come. At first I was blase and said it wasn't an issue - because I do dislike how much arthritis gets in the way and I still get a bit embarassed at asking people to take precautions. I then realised I was being crazy. I called him back and cancelled. Obviously, he was fine with that and it is good he is so thoughtful in the first place. I finally put myself and my immune system first and didn't worry about it inconveniencing others. It has taken so many years for me to do that. I know this probably sounds mad to you all but I feel very proud of myself for my sensible behaviour (it is meth day too so not a day to risk infections). :D
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thats one big step for you LV ,well done. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, LV. That, I suspect, was a major triumph - and effort. I think 'being sensible' is one of the things I still resent about arthritis. I was never intended to be sensible. It's irksome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    It was a big one - I'm not good at sensible and I'm not good at being the reason to alter somebody's plans (and he was taking me for a catch up lunch) especially not work plans. Needs must though and maybe I should make this a habit in future for all aspects of life.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    And so you should be proud of yourself, I am also proud of you for being so sensible.....................go girl xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    To look at this sensibly, just for a moment, as we must, you have achieved two things - you've shown yourself you can do it and shown your boss it occasionally, even with you, has to be done. Pop a bottle in the fridge for later :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Good. This is a key step in learning to manage the disease and its demands - the meds can only do so much (and dare I say diet too? :wink:) but when we stupidly make things possibly rougher for us so as not to inconvenience healthy others that is daft. Well done, LV, I'm proud of you! :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Well done you!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Well done LV, but I think at least some acknowledgement is due to a boss who thought to ask. Perhaps he reckoned better a bit of inconvenience now than bigger problems later on if you picked up an infection.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Definitely sensible, LV, especially when enbrel is just around the corner.
  • LignumVitae
    I'm on roll. I just passed a job over to a colleague because it was hurting my hands really badly. I'm now wondering if, when I'm back from leave it's worth continuing this trend and dropping into conversation (jokingly) how much easier typing is on a screen rather than keyboard! :lol:
  • stickywicket
    Well done again! Soon you'll be lounging elegantly on a chaise longue all day giving orders :wink:

I think it does become easier. The hard bit is admitting the necessity to oneself. Don't worry. You will never go overboard with this.
    Steven Wright