It's officially looking good

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 25. Nov 2014, 12:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just got my latest bloods back and my inflammation markers have both (neatly) dropped by exactly a third since my last bloods which were before I started the Enbrel. I'm feeling lots more energetic (and less crabby) so I thought things were on the up but it's good to know I hadn't just hoped them up.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That is good news LV I am very pleased for you, you deserve a bit of luck with what you have been through lately keeping fingers crossed it continues for you ((((())))) xx for the girls ((((())))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you Marie, the girls and I send lots of (((((()))))) back, Tegen's after a quick quarantine, she's a snot monster at the moment bless her xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thats great news LV,so pleased.Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    That's wonderful LV. So pleased for you, you deserve a break.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    That`s great news LV - I`m so very pleased for you, long may it last. That`s how my improvement began when I started humira.

Tezz x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    :D:D:D
    It's like you can't quite believe it until it's official. Great news. You've earned it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    What lovely news to read! Hip hip hooray for officially looking good. Long may it last and continue to improve too. xx
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So pleased to read your good news. Fingers crossed that it continues.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mine did this two weeks after my second humira - they dropped a little after the first one then more than halved after the second. They have stayed consistently low ever since, which is how I know the stuff is working. Good news, LV, it's about time you had some, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you all. It is officially beginning to feel much better too. I'm very pleased to have started on the first goal I set myself which was removing my regular co-codamol use. I was using it as necessary during the day and then at bedtime as a routine thing. Last night, despite being a bit nervous as to how I would go, I chanced no co-co at bedtime and just had paracetamol. I did have to repeat the paracetamol dose in the middle of the night after getting up to babies and being unable to resettle but other than that I had a good night's sleep. I won't be too strict, if I feel I need a co-co I will take but it's nice to be able to make a choice on it rather than know I have to use it or the night will hurt. Small but definite steps! I'm so pleased things are happening.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,689
    Oh good :D And well done on the pain relief reduction. You have inspired me to try again not taking cocos at night as a given. I used to keep them by my bedside but was needing them every night and. as taking them necessitated getting out of bed, I just gave in and took them before retiring. I shall revert to the bedside table method tonight.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Well done LV - I think that's great, being down to paracetamol only at bedtime. Some nights I get away with it and others I don't, but as you say, it's an improvement.
  • LignumVitae
    Thank you both. I will persevere with the cocos I don't like taking them and only started when I was at rock bottom (I'm on the pain dullers aren't much use anyway side of the pain relief line). I'll not go too mad though, if I need them I will take them...go Sticky, I have mine next to the glass of water so I can find them in the night and that way I can take them if needed.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Wonderful news, so pleased for you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich