world book day, ideas needed

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 20. Feb 2015, 05:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
World book day is coming up soon and we will be having the usual dress up as a book character day in school. Being the sort of person I am I always join in and in the past my costumes have included the Fairy Godmother and Aladdin. I'm after ideas for this year, and decided that as I can't think of any characters with crutches I'm going to dress up Frec and Ginger, my crutches instead. At the moment I'm thinking either the beanstalk or the forest of roses around Sleeping Beauty.
Any other ideas most welcome.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How about the big hungry caterpillar twisting around one crutch and all it's eatables hanging from the other ?!
    mamasmurf
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Long John Silver, complete with an inflatable parrot on one shoulder. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Great suggestions but these days DD the only pirate children recognise is Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Carribean.
    Probably going to pair up with a work friend. She's going to be Alice and I'm going to be one of the playing card soldiers with one crutch of red roses and one of white!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    A good plan and quite easily rendered.

What a shame kids no longer read Treasure Island, though. There was a good film of it on TV recently with Eddie Izzard.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright