PIP assessment Monday, advice needed

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
Hi
I was making a start on sorting out my paperwork for Monday and decided it would be good to read through my original application. Since I made it last August there have been several changes, I cannot walk as far as I did then and have been awarded a blue badge by my council, and a new diagnosis. I also made this before returning to work full-time and this has also made a difference. I have copies of additional evidence to take with me but should I also inform the DWP directly? The information I have is unclear.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry. I wish I could help but I can't. Good luck anyway :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Thanks, I have sorted out copies of my more recent hospital reports etc and will take those with me and then check with the assessor.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My advice is always tell everybody everything, preferably in triplicate. I would also mention your discharge from phsyio because you had gone as far as you could go. Good luck for today, I hope it goes as well as possible. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    I took copies with me of all the reports I had recieved since I sent off my paperwork along with letters from my head and GP. I also took proof of my blue badge, and put in writing other changes. I did say I had been discharged from physio and why but added that as it was only last week I didn't have the discharge letter yet.
    As for how it went, it was like being grilled by an OFSTED inspector, he was very polite and friendly but you can't tell what he was really thinking.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Well done, Slosh. I hope all your efforts bring their just reward.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Sorry I have only just seen this slosh...I just want to say good luck with it all..and hope they see sense..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Thank you. It's now just a waiting game for the decision.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It's not an easy time, is it? There's the stress of preparing, the stress of the interview and then the stress of waiting for the outcome. I hope you feel some relief that it's over and I sincerely hope they reach the right decision in your case. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    You're so right about the stress of it all. I found it very taxing as well, and as a teacher, feel almost ashamed to say I struggled with and probably failed the cognitive test!
    Julian of Norwich
  • JamesFoote
    JamesFoote Member Posts: 86
    I am going though this right now but got my first knock back missing out by just one point.

I have sent in my Have another look request with a lot more notes and medical stuff.

This is what I was told by some one who works there and this is what I expect. even though I can show to walk normally 17 steps had but me in bed for a day. I have a soft walk that is very slow but I can get further.
    so I expect this

1 knock back
    2 knock back
    appeal you get it

seems to be this was right now.

james
  • Slosh
    That must have been so frustrating! Wishing you luck with your appeal.
    Julian of Norwich