Motability car early return?

Wobblylegs
Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
Hi all,

I'm new around here but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of returning a motability car early?

I've been told I can't drive at all at the moment, my GP told me to expect not to drive for a long time! I have severe osteoarthritis (waiting for TKR later this year) and also MS but I'm now under investigation for epilepsy too. I already have a medically limited license but I do expect DVLA to ask me to surrender my license for 12-24 months.

My motability car has 15 months left on the agreement but it's sitting on the drive taunting me and the money would be more useful to pay for taxis to get about!

Any thoughts welcome.

Pat

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello :) I've not done this but I'd go for the Motability Helpline. It's on their website. Good luck :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Talk to Motability and explain the situation. It may well be that if you have someone who could drive the car for you, you may be able to keep it.

When I returned my first Motability car (it was a manual and I needed to go into an automatic quickly) I lost the fair condition bonus even though I was only 3 months ahead of the end of the lease term. However, Motability were very helpful with explaining what was what.

I hope you get this sorted out.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!