Just saying hello

Wobblylegs
Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
edited 5. Apr 2015, 13:35 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,

Would it be wrong of me to say 'I wish I wasn't here", well that might give you a flavour of my type of humour anyway lol, but the truth is I would prefer just not to live with Arthur as most of you do too, but as I do, I'm here, and you guys seem a great bunch to share the journey with!

A little about me and why I am here: I'm 60 next week and have lived with MS symptoms for 26 years although I was only officially diagnosed with Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) some 12 years ago. I have also lived with Arthur for some 18+ years. I managed to work with both until a year ago but I'm now officially retired from my job as a University lecturer when it all got a little too much.

I have 4 children and 2 grandchildren and long suffering other half and a touring caravan.

Recent issues I will be back to discuss:
I am being investigated for epilepsy after another recent Grand Mal seizure to see if my MS has caused it or if I have another health issue and need an epilepsy label. This is rough as I have had to give up driving once more!
I have just been added to my Consultants waiting list for a TKR later this year and will definitely be asking you all questions about this.

I sound upbeat but I'm not really as I'm also being treated for PTSD from a traumatic childhood and younger life but I refuse to hide from that any more and I'm tackling it head on.

So that's me in a nutshell I hope I haven't put some of you off getting to know me better and letting me know a little about you too.

See you around
Pat

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,

I like the name! :P

Welcome from me on behalf of the Mod team. We too have one or more varieties of arthritis or care for someone with it - if you find anything too difficult send a pm (private message, you will see a message button above) and we will help :P

Do visit the other forums as you wish, we are a friendly bunch who manage to have fun as well as help with Arther

Take care
    Mod YEH
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you and I am pleased you have found us. The forum is quiet at the moment, I suspect due to Easter, but it may pick up after.

I have PsA, OA and fibromyalgia, and am now 56. I am having a rough time at the moment so won't hang around but I wanted to acknowledge your post. I hope you manage to have as pleasant an Easter as possible and I am looking forward to getting to know you a little better. I wish you well. DD

I can't resist this one!

:chocolate-bunny:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    Welcome :)

I'm sorry you've had to find us but I look forward to seeing you around.

I'm 25 and have just recently been diagnosed with PsA. I'm struggling a bit at the minute but it's good to have people to turn to who can relate. I hope you find it just as helpful :)

Have a lovely easter :ebasket:
  • Wobblylegs
    Thanks Lemonmeringue and Dreamdaisy, what brilliant usernames, looking forwRd to getting to know you all too.

:D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Your more than welcome and yours ain't too shabby either :wink: I'm named after my previous car, a lavender blue Micra called Daisy. She was my 50th birthday present from my husband and, at the time, was a dream come true. Now she has gone to a neighbour and I have a Picasso named Beatrice. I still see Daisy because the neighbour is a sports masseuse and comes round to beat me up from time to time. DD

:bunnye:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Pat
    And a warm a welcome form me
    Blimey life has thrown a lot at you, and I take my hat off to you bring up your family and working till recently.
    I was retired before OA hit so am very grateful for that :)
    I do hope to see your name around the forum ,we are a friendly and supportive lot, so hopefully we can help one another..
    Love
    Barbara
  • Wobblylegs
    Gosh Dreamdaisy at least your handle came from something more romantic than my crumby legs lol.

Hi Barbara, nice to meet you too, I'm amazed by all those living with inflammatory arthritis my neighbour has RA and I know what she goes through.

My knee arthritis was probably exacerbated by an arthroscopy some 6 years ago when the surgeon insisted he would make my knee less painful and at the very least leave me as I was at the time. Unfortunately it's been 10 times worse since I let him near me, I'm sure he shaved the bone too. That's why my TKR has been put off so long, he terrified me. Oh and the fact that I am very allergic to Codeine and many other drugs!

So nice of you all to welcome me on the Easter weekend though.
    Xx
  • LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    I was eating Lemon Meringue pie when I signed up. I wasn't feeling very creative :lol:

:easter-egg:
  • Wobblylegs
    Love it Lemonmeringue and the pie :D
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Pat, and a warm welcome to the forum. You certainly have a lot to deal with, but your positive attitude shines through, and I hope we can help to support you through cyber-space.

I'm Tezz, age 64, and I have RA, who has been my companion for several years now, though I'd dearly love to kick it into touch.

Do keep posting.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Pat
    Welcome from me too :)
    We have a Wonkylegs on here so when I saw your name I thought of her!!
    Lovely to 'meet' you
    and hope you decide to stay!
    Love
    Toni xxx
  • Wobblylegs
    Hi Tezz and Hi Toni,

Pleased to meet you both, I certainly didn't want to tread on anyone's toes with the name, mine comes mainly from my MS more than Arthur as the MS causes them to be weak which is a problem when you need to keep them strong to help your joints!

I will try to post regularly, it may take a while to get to know who's who though lol

Pat x