Just to say hello

Gemini
Gemini Member Posts: 8
edited 14. Apr 2015, 12:23 in Say Hello Archive
My name is Gemini I am 67 and I have arthritis in my hip and back, I had a massive accident three years ago in France, and broke my shoulder homes my breast bone all my ribs and femer hip and knee, I think I am lucky I was two weeks in intensive care and four months in a French hospital I used crutches for a week and then walked twice a day and was determined I suffer a bit of pain but now we have bought in Spain and spend the winter in Spain I have no pain while I am there have got back two weeks ago and the weather is damp and cold and my hip seized up and my back was very painful but today i am fine because I am sitting in front of a woodburner with two hot water bottles. I am so glad I found this site, and will not moan anymore. :bunny: :bunnysuit:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Gemini from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator JK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Gemini. It's lovely to meet you but, goodness me, you qualified the hard way for this forum :shock: I've just done the opposite to you. I've exchanged UK gloom and damp for Californian sunshine for a month. I'd offer to swap but...... :lol:

Anyway, glad to meet you and you go ahead and moan anytime you like. It can help at times. We all kmow that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have psoriatic arthritis and the joint damage has led to OA in some very useful joints. It's a miserable pain, isn't it? I find the cold and damp affects the OA, then come the heat of the summer the PsA has a blast, so mine is a year-round delight! :lol:

That accident of yours sounds horrendous, how nasty. :( Heat is a great comfort for OA, when my right hip succumbed in January 2012 (my husband was in hospital at the time having an appendix operation) I would lurch in on my crutches, empty hottie in hand and the nurses would kindly boil a kettle for me. Hospital chairs are horrible for arthritics, they are so uncomfortable but the bottle helped to ease matters.

I hope you enjoy Easter - how soon will you be returning to the sunny shores of Spain? I bet you can't wait! I wish you well. DD

:bunnysuit:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Gemini, and welcome - it's nice to 'meet' you.

What a dreadful accident you had, and I'm glad you came through it, however long it took. I'm pleased you can get some lovely Spanish sunshine in the winter.

I have RA, so the weather doesn't make so much difference to me, but I do love the sun and the warm weather - roll on June, when we'll be in Portugal.

I hope you have a lovely Easter.

Tezz
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Gemini and a warm welcome from me
    That was an horrific accident you had..you must be a strong person to come through it all..I certainly dont call that a moan..
    Its strange but the warm weather here effects me more than the cold, but the weather in Spain was wonderful on my joints.. :D must be the humidity here.. :roll:
    I do hope to see more of you name across the forum ..you carry on enjoying the sun... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Gemini
    Gemini Member Posts: 8
    Thank you everyone for your lovely replies, the weather here in France is lovely at present, but we are still looking forward to going to Spain. It is so warm in the winter there. Does anyone else live in Spain we live in dolores near alicante. :ebasket: