First appointment with Rheumatology: what to expect?

Options
littleelf
littleelf Member Posts: 69
edited 22. May 2015, 08:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone

I have just received my first appointment with Rheumatology, for the 8th of June (and not October. It looks like the doctors letter worked! ^_^

What can I expect on my first visit?
True strength is smiling when you want to cry; laughing to hide the pain; and going on, no matter what. <3

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you look a little down the list of titles on this board you will see that Gwynedd has posted about the same thing - I think I said something about maybe more bloods, possibly an Xray, there will be questions from the rheumatologist to you and from you to him / her and if possible take someone with you to act as another pair of ears; it's amazing what we 'don't' hear for ourselves. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • littleelf
    Options
    Thanks DD. :)

I'll go check out that post now.

I've never been so happy to get a hospital appointment! Quite sad really. :)
    True strength is smiling when you want to cry; laughing to hide the pain; and going on, no matter what. <3
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    No. We all know exactly how you feel :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • littleelf
    Options
    This really is a special club, Stickywicket. I don't feel so bad. Everyone is great :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    It is littlelf :)

Nice people, really nice :)

Best of luck with the appointment and look forward to hearing how you get on

Toni x
  • littleelf
    Options
    Will do and thanks so much

Jacqui x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment , it is a big one and like I said on the other thread make sure you are not rushed ..I was with my first one ,but the second was brilliant and I was in nearly and hour..and don't forget your list of questions and pain and anything else you can think of..and no nail polish on your fingers or toes ..i had on my toes and they had to get a nurse to take some off to take clippings.. :oops: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • littleelf
    Options
    Nail clippings? That's one I've never heard before. But will do. I'm taking my daughter with me,so hopefully she'll remember things. I've also starred a diary too. All of this information is brill and would never have thought of it.

Thank you all :)