Good Morning

eminel
eminel Member Posts: 23
edited 21. Jun 2015, 09:04 in Say Hello Archive
Hiya all, I am pleased to have found this forum. I have been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my neck. It causes excruciating headaches as well as pain in the upper part of my back. I can cope with the pain in my back but not the headaches. So far none of the painkillers I have tried work for me. I'm hoping being here I can pick up some tips from long term sufferers. Thanks Michele. :)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Michele

Welcome to the forums on behalf of the moderation team. If you have any problems using the boards feel free to send us a personal message and we’ll do our best to help.

I am very pleased that you have found us and am sure you will find plenty of support from the members here.

Please do join in on any of the forums you want to – I know you will be made very welcome.

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing you posting.

Moderator AC
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Michele and welcome from me too :D

My OA was caused by my RA. I have it in most joints including my neck but I'm pleased to say I get virtually no pain there even though it hardly moves now.

We do have people on here with neck problems though and I hope one of them - or more :lol: - will see your thread soon. If not, re-post on the Living With Arthritis forum where more people hang out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • eminel
    Thank you both I appreciate your replies. I will go along to the other forums. I just thought it best to introduce myself first before throwing myself into the chats [emoji2]
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry that you have had to find us. My neck is a little creaky with OA but so far so good on the headache front; I can empathise, however, it's a very nasty pain when it gets a hold, yes? There are some on here with neck troubles but they can be rare visitors due to the difficulties in using a keyboard. I wish you well and hope you find the forum to be a useful source of information and support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    eminel wrote:
    I just thought it best to introduce myself first before throwing myself into the chats [emoji2]

It is. You're quite right :D But, as you are looking for specific info, you'll get more replies on LWA. I'll lok forward to seeing you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • eminel
    Thank you. Its nice to meet you all :D I'll see yous over there [emoji106]
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Michele and welcome - I`m glad you`ve found us.

I do have some OA, and my neck is prone to making clunking noises from time to time, but thankfully, not got the headaches you describe. Most of my problems are caused by the RA, which I`ve had for a number of years now.

Do keep posting,

Tezz x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Michele and a warm welcome form me...I have OA in quite a few joints, but the neck doesn't bother me to much...thank goodness :shock: look forward to seeing you around the forum...
    Love
    Barbara
  • eminel
    Thank you Tezz and Barbara for you lovely welcome. [emoji4]