Hello

sorebones
sorebones Member Posts: 6
edited 24. Jun 2015, 05:02 in Say Hello Archive
Hi. Just joined the forum and am looking forward to chatting with others who know what I'm going through. I have recently been diagnosed with Fibro and have OA. Would be great to hear from you but please bear with me as I have not been on a furum like this before and am bound to make a mistake or two :?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No mistakes at all, sorebones :D And don't worry. For many of us this our first - and only - venture into forums.

I have RA which has led to OA. No fibro, I'm glad to say but there are several on here who do have it. The weekend tends to be a bit quiet but please feel free to join in anywhere on any threads. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are where most people hang out. I'll look forward to seeing your name around :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums Sorebones from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome. I see Stickywicket has beaten me to it :D

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Mod B
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Sorebones and welcome. Please don`t worry about making mistakes - no-one will bother about that, and this forum is a very good place to be.

I have RA, but some OA too, though thankfully no fibro.

Do keep posting & let us know how you are doing.
  • sorebones
    Thank you all for your kind welcome. :D I look forward to learning all about you as I get used to the process.
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Hi, welcome to the Forum. Don't worry about mistakes, you'll be fine.

This is the only forum I use - I don't Tweet or FB.

I have OA in both knees, both ankles, lumbar spine and a hip. Life with OA is a challenge at the best of times but everyone on this forum will be a tremendous help.

I can't help re the Fibro, but please shout out if you think I can help with the OA. Remember to pace yourself and listen to your body.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • sorebones
    Glad to hear I'm not alone in having no interaction with FB or Twitter.

I have OA in cervical and lumbar spine with 6 compressed nerve roots. Also in both hands, feet and knees, that has been diagnosed so far. It's possibly in my jaw but that may be the Fibro, time will tell once someone figures it out. I was medically retired five years ago so am au fait with a challenge.

Nice to know others understand what life is like with "wear and tear", my most hated cop out from doctors. I was 32 when I was first diagnosed.

Cheers
    Sorebones
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and that in turn has led to OA and fibro. Arthritis is any form is a misunderstood condition by those who don't have it which can lead to further irks for us. :wink: On here, however, we do know what it is like, we understand the frustrations it brings and the limitations it imposes so rest assured you are talking to the initiated. I hope you find the forum to be both informative and supportive, I look forward to seeing your name here and there around the boards. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello sorebones
    I just want to welcome you to the forum , and hope you find it a great help has I have over the years...
    Love
    Barbara
  • eminel
    eminel Member Posts: 23
    Hiya Sorebones. I am new here myself and have OA in my neck I have not long finished reading the tips thread which has some fantastic ideas in there. You will find it in the *stickies* area of Living with arthritis.

Michele xx