Crisis averted

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 15. Jul 2015, 15:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
In the SW household. After a 48 hr visit, the family left this morning and, soon afterwards, Mr SW's frantic search for the TV remote began. We looked 'upstairs, downstairs and in our grandson's chamber' (to misquote the nursey rhyme). We even looked in the loo. (Well, he's 8. 'Nuff said?)

Finally it was located between the seat cushion and the seat itself of Mr SW's armchair. Only two potential culprits. One is now in London and the other is contentedly watching TV.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    If hubby couldn't locate the TV remote that would constitute a crisis in our house too! He thinks the remote is his personal fiefdom.

I can well understand the variety of places you searched - after one visit when our grandsons were younger, I found several paper aeroplanes and a balloon in the washing machine.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    What would they do if they had to get out of their chairs to change channels perish the thought. :D Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I think the remote is my hubbys comfort blanket :roll: glad you found it SW...and hubby is content..I love it..our GD nearly 3 put ours in the waste bin ..it was only when here daddy said ..she puts everything in the bin, that we looked :shock: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I regularly have this problem and unless I am caught unawares the TV remote lives up high on a shelf. The girls have their own remote (with no batteries) but they soon worked out that I had given them a duff one and try to seek out the real thing to hide it from me so they can use it to get to the Clangers and Peppa irritating pig...SW, did you take him by the left leg and fling him down the stairs?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Between the seat cushion and the seat itself is always the first place I look for our TV remote.

Not so the car keys or OH's phone because they could be anywhere-and usually are!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    SW, did you take him by the left leg and fling him down the stairs?

:lol: Unfortunately that is impossible on several fronts most of which involve arthritis.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    If mr turbo couldn't find the remote it would be a crisis most of the time I swear it is an extension of his arm he he :lol:
    Stay positive always👍xx