Hello

LynneFrods
LynneFrods Member Posts: 2
edited 21. Jul 2015, 16:39 in Say Hello Archive
Hello All.
My name is Lynne and I have been suffering from Osteoarthritis for about eight years now, also have Fibromyalgia to add to the pains!
I am looking forward exchanging views with people in similar situations and hopefully learning from them
I live by the sea in Margate, Kent. I love the sun. Can't get enough of it. I feel it gets inside my joints and chases the pains away!
I look forward to belonging to this Forum.
:D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums LynneFrods from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator JK
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I too have OA plus fibro together with my original arthritis, an auto-immune one called psoriatic arthritis (PsA). My OA 'retreats' during the heat but the PsA not, my PsA is easier during the cold and damp but not the OA. It's a year-long party in my joints. :wink:

We are a knowledgeable bunch when it comes to dealing with our conditions so rest assured you will be talking to the initiated. I hope you find the forum to be of interest and I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    Hello Lynne and welcome from me, too :)

Like DD, I 'did the double' and got my OA as a result of RA. I'd say I like warmth but not heat and certainly not humidity. However, I know a lot of people on here with OA share your love of the sun. :D

Please join in anywhere. We're a friendly lot and don't bite :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Rebeccarockchick
    Rebeccarockchick Member Posts: 50
    Hi Lynne welcome to the forum. I am quite new here too. But not new to the pain of OA. I have ehlers-danlos syndrome that can sometimes be mis diagnosed as/or the pain is similar to/or most people who have ehlers-danlos have fibromyalgia so I can understand something else adding to your pain as well as OA. Hope that made sense! Pain is not fun and I find keeping busy and doing what I can to control all my ailments helps. I wish I could share your love of the sun..I do try...and I know it would be a benefit..I use re usable wheat bags so I would imagine the warm sun to be like an all over wheat bag on top of you heating you up! Good for the joints! I am a bit of vampire when it comes to the Sun...gives me headaches etc...look forward to chatting on the forums tho :D
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hello Lynne, and welcome.

I have RA, with some OA. The RA isn`t necessarily helped by sunshine, but like you, I love it. We`re just back from 2.5 weeks in sunny Portugal, where it was lovely to swim outdoors.

I`m sorry you now have fibromyalgia added to the mix.

Do keep posting.
  • alumina
    alumina Member Posts: 40
    Hello and welcome. I too have OA. It, like Mrs Bennet's nerves, has been my constant companion these 20 years. OK, in my case it is more like 40+ years, but you get the idea!
    I am not sure whether it is the heat or the cold that affects me most. I ache like crazy in the cold and I ache like crazy in the heat! Sorry that you have fibromyalgia as well - I understand that is very painful indeed.

There is a lot of companionable support here and everyone is very friendly. If I were you, I would follow the "Ron's Jokes" thread. I have no idea where he gets so many jokes from but they are a constant source of amusement. :lol:
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead