Pip assessment tomorrow!!

tedthered64
tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
After reading horror stories regarding Atos assessors, to say I am nervous about tomorrow is an understatement!
Here's hoping!

Comments

• Saabina
    Saabina Member Posts: 17
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mine was fine. Don't let her put words in your mouth though or be railroaded into agreeing something that isn't correct.

Be polite but don't assume he or she is your friend or on your side.

I was asked if I read books or magazines. I started to say 'I don't read either... '. I was cut off and asked 'if you had to choose which one would you choose' - I was confused and just answered magazines.

Which I never read!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Chin up, Ted. It's not ATOS doing them now and recent posts about PIP claims have been much more upbeat. Have a look at NNIF's below. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tedthered64
    Chin up, Ted. It's not ATOS doing them now and recent posts about PIP claims have been much more upbeat. Have a look at NNIF's below. Good luck!
    Hi sticky, mine was with Atos, they must still be doing the ones in Liverpool.
    My assessor was an ex nurse, she was courteous, knowledge and polite.
    She was most understanding of my problems and was very helpful.
    Not at all what I was expecting.
    I suppose it's just a waiting game now.
  • tedthered64
    Saabina wrote:
    Mine was fine. Don't let her put words in your mouth though or be railroaded into agreeing something that isn't correct.

I was asked if I read books or magazines. I started to say 'I don't read either... '. I was cut off and asked 'if you had to choose which one would you choose' - I was confused and just answered magazines.

Which I never read!
    When was you're assessment Saabina?
  • Saabina
    Saabina wrote:

Which I never read!

Last week. Done by a physiotherapist.

By ATOS aswell. She was nice, polite.. didn't seem to talk to me like I was lying and put me at ease right away. But then in hindsight I feel like a few things may have gone against me. But then I could be imagining it.
  • tedthered64
    Saabina wrote:
    Saabina wrote:

Which I never read!

Last week. Done by a physiotherapist.

By ATOS aswell. She was nice, polite.. didn't seem to talk to me like I was lying and put me at ease right away. But then in hindsight I feel like a few things may have gone against me. But then I could be imagining it.
    Ha, I know how you are feeling!
    The 4 to 6 week wait will be the worst! :)
  • Saabina
    Here it is taking a week for the response, the lady on phone told me to call back next week!
  • tedthered64
    Saabina wrote:
    Here it is taking a week for the response, the lady on phone told me to call back next week!
    Wow! That's a quick turnaround.
    I hope it goes well for you x
  • Saabina
    Saabina wrote:

Thank you, you too. Have you got to go far? Don't worry about the horror stories. Be honest with them and be optimistic!
  • tedthered64
    Saabina wrote:
    Saabina wrote:

Thank you, you too. Have you got to go far? Don't worry about the horror stories. Be honest with them and be optimistic!
    Thank you.
    I hadmine yesterday, the assessor was great but like everyone's says, you just don't know what they will put in their report.
  • Saabina
    Were you asked any trick questions ?
  • tedthered64
    Saabina wrote:
    Were you asked any trick questions ?
    No, luckily I wasn't, two strange ones though, spell world backwards and what is 100 - 43. Silly really
  • tedthered64
    Hello everyone,
    Great news regarding the pip assessment, I was awarded enhanced rate for both care and mobility, thank you for all your kind words and assistance.
    Ted xx