This flare up is making me miserable!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 29. Sep 2015, 14:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just a short mini rant!! The flare up I'm suffering with is effecting my hips, back and left shoulder. I'm having to sleep sitting up again as trying to lie down flat is extremely painful. So not getting a lot of sleep, having to keep my eye's open with match sticks!!! All I can do is rest up, keep comfortable and take pain meds. Hopefully it won't hang around to long. End of rant! Sorry. :(

Comments

• Grangi
    Grangi Member Posts: 11
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor poor you no words of wisdom sorry just heartfelt empathy. Hopefully it won't last too long. Can you have a little doze in the garden wrapped in a snugly blanket maybe sunshine & birdsong will lift your spirits. If not here is a virtual hug. Take good care x Grangi
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I hate sleeping sitting up. I hope the flare doesn't hang around too long. Meanwhile, forget the matchsticks and snooze whenever the urge takes you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Bubbadog

Sorry you are suffering a flare up................. :(

Am in the same place at the moment (gets a bit crowded there at times) and can understand why the mini rant!
    Hurting in ankle,hip,knee and back!!

Also dosing up with pain killers,fortunately do sleep (at most comfortable when lying down).

Let's hope it doesn't last too long!

Regards
    prefabkid
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • Jen
    Jen Member Posts: 155
    Options
    So sorry Bubbadog.

Does heat help to ease the pain any, electric blanket? Heat pad, hot water bottle?

I know some pain responds to heat and sometimes to cool. I've used both in the past for different pains. For back pain that is giving off a lot of heat I've used one of those blue ice blocks you put in cooler bags wrapped in a flannel and just stuffed it down pants, sure does numb the pain. :D

I've been finding with my OA pain it likes heat better. I wouldn't know what RA responds too, I do hope the flare doesn't last too long for you.

Take care Jen x
    flower2520paars.gif~c200